Trump Is Escalating Attacks on Those He Can’t Control
by Robert ReichFeb 08, 2017
- The judiciary, the press, and states like California are major centers of resistance that hold independent power.
Trump’s Coup Attempt Requires Us to Rise Above Position and Party
by David KortenFeb 08, 2017
- In the chaos of Trump’s first three weeks in office, we can see a frighteningly coherent agenda—and a national and global emergency.
In Defense of Standing Rock Reporter Jenni Monet—and All Journalists
by Tracy Loeffelholz DunnFeb 07, 2017
- If you’ve valued our Standing Rock coverage over the months, tell the Morton County State’s Attorney to drop all charges against Monet. Journalism is not a crime.
To My Fellow Climate Scientists: Be Human, Be Brave, Speak Truth
by Peter KalmusFeb 07, 2017
- With climate deniers sweeping into the White House, it’s time for scientists on the front lines of climate change to speak from the heart.
Seattle Just Divested Billions From Wells Fargo Over Dakota Access Pipeline
by J. Gabriel Ware, James TrimarcoFeb 07, 2017
- Minneapolis and others are ready to follow.
What Makes America Great? Artists Resist Trump With 100 Days of Posters
by Jennifer LuxtonFeb 06, 2017
- The progressive agenda over the next four years will be hard-won—and heavily illustrated—if the past few weeks are any indication.
The Scramble for Women’s Health-Care Coverage in the Time of Trump
by Lynsi BurtonFeb 06, 2017
- The time to obtain contraceptives is now.
How to Help Immigrant and Muslim Neighbors
by Lornet TurnbullFeb 03, 2017
- People are turning their frustrations with the Trump administration into actions that make a meaningful difference in the lives of vulnerable community members.
University of California Next In Line To Dump Wells Fargo Contracts
by Melissa HellmannFeb 03, 2017
- The UC system is severing $475 million in contracts with Wells Fargo over, among other things, the bank’s ties to private prison corporations.
How Neighbors Turned Unused Buildings into a Thriving Community Hub
by Christa HillstromFeb 03, 2017
- As rents rise and independent businesses in Minneapolis lose their leases to large national chains, a first-of-its-kind co-op found a solution.
6 States With Criminal Justice Reform Wins to Celebrate
by Jaime Alfaro, Araz Hachadourian, Christa HillstromFeb 03, 2017
- In Oregon, incarcerated women stay connected with their children through special visitations and virtual parent-teacher conferences.
Detroit’s Massive Muslim Community Looks for Allies in the Trump Era
by Zenobia JeffriesFeb 01, 2017
- Fifty-five percent of Americans know very little or nothing at all about Islam, but this group wants to change that.
Changing Hearts and Opening Minds—It Happens When We Listen
by Sarah van GelderFeb 01, 2017
- We can start difficult conversations by speaking from the heart and sharing our wish for a world where everyone is safe and free.
A 10-Point Plan to Stop Trump—And Make Gains in Justice and Equality
by George LakeyJan 31, 2017
- The first step? Recognize that we represent the majority.
Winona LaDuke on New Ways to Keep Pipelines Out of the Great Lakes
by Winona LaDukeJan 31, 2017
- The surge of formal opposition to tar sands and fracked oil pipelines shows how Standing Rock resistance has emboldened Great Lakes tribes.