How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
Emira Woods :: Valentines Against Liberian Debt
posted May 19, 2008
- On Valentine’s Day 2007, 10,000 cards flooded the U.S. Treasury Department offices, each bearing the phrase, “Have a heart—drop Liberia’s debt.”
A Just Foreign Policy Discussion Guide
by Noah Grantposted May 12, 2008
- We can continue to assert our military and economic dominance, or we can work with other countries to tackle issues like global warming and ultimately create a more secure world.
Life in Iran :: Photo Essay
by Arash Shivaposted May 09, 2008
- Arash Shiva’s beautiful photographs of daily life in Iran, taken in Fall 2007.
A Just Foreign Policy :: Resource Guide
by Noah Grant, Christiane Rancposted May 09, 2008
- A resource guide on foreign policy actions. Ways to Take Action and Get Connected: Support returning veterans, Promote Economic Justice, Abolish Nuclear Weapons, End the War, Be a Citizen Diplomat, Protect Human Rights.
Presidential Candidates on Foreign Policy—Military
by Erik Leaverposted May 06, 2008
- What will U.S. foreign affairs look like if John McCain prevails? What if President Obama sets the agenda? Erik Leaver looks behind the hype to the records, advisors, and promises of the presidential candidates.
IPS Report :: A Just Security
posted Apr 30, 2008
- The YES! editors worked closely with members of the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) in producing this issue. Here is background on IPS and a link to their full report: Just Security :: An Alternative Foreign Policy Framework.
Audio: Swim Against the Current
by Jim Hightowerposted Apr 30, 2008
- Listen to Jim Hightower read an excerpt of Chapter 14 of his book Swim Against the Current.
FALLOUT: Coming Home From the War in Iraq
by Ava Loweryposted Apr 30, 2008
- A short film by Ava Lowery about the war in Iraq and its effects on our returning troops. Pro-war or anti-war, we should all take the time to listen to what our returning troops have to say.
by Jehane Noujaimposted Apr 29, 2008
- View the trailer for Jehane Noujaim's award-winning documentary, Control Room, which examines media coverage of the Iraq War.
Why Positive Journalism Matters
by Sarah van Gelderposted Mar 26, 2008
- Listen to Sarah van Gelder's interview by Chris Vondrasek on KBCS' One World Report: "It is part of our journalistic task—to pay attention to where there is news of successful change."
Jon Warnow :: Brower Youth Awards
posted Mar 10, 2008
- Listen to Jon's energetic acceptance speech as he invites all of us to “step outside our comfort zones” and remake our world.
Signs of Life :: Media
by Jonathan Lawsonposted Feb 08, 2008
- FCC Chair Kevin Martin pushes a decision to allow big media companies to hold combined ownership of newspapers, TV and radio
YES! Picks :: Argentina, Turning Around
by Melissa Young, Mark Dworkinposted Feb 04, 2008
- From the producers of "Argentina: Hope in Hard Times" comes this intimate view of the new models of work, politics and community development that are now underway, as people re-invent their society to offer a better life for all.
People We Love :: Erica Fernandez
posted Feb 03, 2008
- 16 year-old Erica Fernandez received a 2007 Brower Youth award for her campaign to stop the building of a liquefied natural gas plant.
Signs of Life :: Voting
by Edward Hailesposted Feb 03, 2008
- Activists lead successful legal campaigns to stop laws in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Maryland that discourage voting and voter registration