First Domestic Workers’ Bill of Rights Passes
by Elizabeth DiNovellaJun 28, 2010
- The successful campaign to pass the Domestic Workers Bill of Rights in New York is cause for celebration at 2010 US Social Forum.
Social Forum Moments to Combat Cynicism
by Mark EnglerJun 25, 2010
- The US Social Forum in Detroit thrives in smaller moments, free of grand pretense.
New Heroes in the Fight Against Big Oil
by Madeline OstranderJun 25, 2010
- How one Florida restaurant owner has organized a force against offshore drilling.
Update: Post-Prison Garden Project Grows Earth Stewards
by Berit AndersonJun 25, 2010
- Ten years ago YES! Magazine reported on Cathrine Sneed and her Garden Project. Today there are 37 Earth Stewards and seven full-time Garden Project employees.
Common Ground in a Liquid City
by Sarah KuckJun 25, 2010
- Re-imagining our cities is the best chance we have to create prosperity, lower our carbon emissions, and save what’s left of the natural world.
An Antidote to Urgency
by Margaret WheatleyJun 24, 2010
- What does it take to think clearly when disaster strikes?
People Without Homes, Homes Without People
by Brooke JarvisJun 24, 2010
- In New York City, low-income people fighting for affordable housing are taking on the developers of vacant condo projects.
Danny Glover: Let’s Reclaim Our Country
by Sarah van GelderJun 23, 2010
- Actor and activist Danny Glover on how the Social Forum is strengthening people's movements.
US Social Forum Detroit: Opening March
Jun 23, 2010
- Photo Essay: Thousands attended the march to kick off the week-long event in Detroit.
US Social Forum Kicks Off
by Sarah van GelderJun 22, 2010
- The US Social Forum begins with arrivals of caravans and a poor people's march, and an opening "We have a dream" protest march and rally.
10 Ways Our World is Becoming More Shareable
by Neal Gorenflo, Jeremy Adam SmithJun 22, 2010
- We're sharing more things, more deeply, with more people. Why sharing is the answer to some of today's biggest questions.
The Web as Random Acts of Kindness
Jun 22, 2010
- Jonathan Zittrain gives reason to hope for the future of the Internet.
The Big Picture: 5 Ways to Know if You’re Making a Difference
by David KortenJun 21, 2010
- In this special pre-publication excerpt of the 2nd edition of Agenda for a New Economy, David Korten explains how we can help live the new economy that we need into being.
Detroit’s Renewal: Can It Inspire the Social Forum?
by Sarah van GelderJun 21, 2010
- Detroit is known for its decay, violence, and gas-guzzling cars. With thousands of activists coming to town, will it also become known as a source of hope?
A Victory for Appalachia
by Sandra DiazJun 18, 2010
- The days of rubber stamping permits for mountaintop removal coal mining are over, for now.