The Power of "Why?"
by Andrea Batista SchlesingerSep 09, 2009
- Students in Hampton, Virginia, and Brooklyn, New York, learn that asking questions is more powerful than memorizing answers.
Teens Talk to 90-Somethings
by Sean RoseSep 09, 2009
- Teens in Rabun County, Georgia, are tapping into the memories of 90-year-olds in an effort to protect the culture of southern Appalachia.
Udaipur Hands Down Skills
by Lynsi BurtonSep 09, 2009
- Shikshantar believes anyone can be a teacher and when people collaborate, they can develop a “culture of learning.”
Volunteers Teach Healing Arts
by Louise DunlapSep 09, 2009
- Inspired by Paulo Freire’s work in the 1960s, Capacitar International teaches practices such as tai chi, acupressure and mindfulness, to volunteers. They then teach those skills in traumatized communities in places like Guatemala, Israel, Palestine, Rwanda, and Ireland.
The Personal IS Powerful
by Colin BeavanSep 09, 2009
- No Impact Man says we shouldn't be distracted by attacking each others' methods of confronting climate change—only by uniting behind the same agenda can we hope for change in the very little time we have to effect it.
FCC Supports an Open Internet
by Megan TadySep 03, 2009
- A victory in the fight to protect public, democratic access to the Internet.
Can Europe Pop the U.S. CEO Pay Bubble?
by Sarah AndersonSep 02, 2009
- While the U.S. executives who caused the economic meltdown benefit from bailout money, Europe is stepping forward to cap CEO bonuses.
Signs of Life :: Legal Settlements Protect Voters
by Susie ShuttsAug 28, 2009
- Organizations in Ohio, Missouri, and elsewhere are correcting problems that prevented thousands of people from voting in recent elections.
Health Care Déjà Vu
by Brooke JarvisAug 28, 2009
- Can health care reform that does not build on the universal right to health care be successful?
Upgrading the Way We Do Politics
by Sandy HeierbacherAug 21, 2009
- Is it really democracy without space for dialogue and deliberation? How to cut through the yelling and get something done.
Five Ways to Reschool on the Interweb
by Melia DickerAug 14, 2009
- Here are five types of online resources to educate you from the comfort of your couch.
Fierce Light :: Film Trailer
by Velcrow RipperAug 14, 2009
- Velcrow Ripper's latest documentary portrays examples of spiritual activism: political actions focusing on compassion and interconnection.
Regenerating Our Learning Commons
Aug 14, 2009
- Shikshantar presents Udaipur, India as a learning city.
We Are All Responsible for Making Health Care a Right
by David ScheinerAug 07, 2009
- Uninvited from a White House forum, President Obama's former doctor says it's time to give single-payer health care a fair hearing.
Registering for Peace
by Tobin JacobrownAug 06, 2009
- To register as a conscientious objector, Toby Jacobrown had to sue the federal government.