Film Trailer: Countdown to Zero
Feb 01, 2011
- An estimated 23,000 nuclear weapons exist in the world. Why that number needs to be zero.
Danny Glover: The Black Power Mixtape
Jan 28, 2011
- Amy Goodman sits down with Danny Glover at the Sundance Film Festival to talk about his new documentary, The Black Power Mixtape.
Van Jones: The Economic Injustice of Plastic
by Van JonesJan 27, 2011
- Video: How plastic unfairly harms the poor—and what the rest of us can do about it.
The Elephant in the Room at the State of the Union
by Robert ReichJan 26, 2011
- The problem isn't "competitiveness"—it's inequality.
EcoTipping Points: Strategies for Shifting from Decline to Restoration
by Gerald MartenJan 26, 2011
- The EcoTipping Points Project has documented more than 100 stories of environmental recovery in communities around the world. What do these success stories have in common?
Washington State Joins the Movement for Public Banking
by Ellen BrownJan 24, 2011
- The legislature will consider whether to move its funds from Bank of America to a publicly owned bank that would keep the state's money working locally.
The Not-So-Neutral Net
by Jenn EttingerJan 24, 2011
- The FCC’s new rules on Net Neutrality open the Internet to corporate discrimination. But it’s not too late to preserve Internet freedom.
by Brooke JarvisJan 21, 2011
- The need to get money out of politics may be the one thing Americans agree on.
Rocky Times Ahead: Are You Ready?
by Sarah Byrnes, Chuck CollinsJan 20, 2011
- This isn't a future you can, or should, face alone. How to make sure you don't have to.
Hope Amid Hatred
by Pastor Don MackenzieJan 19, 2011
- Our polarization and anger are signs of hopelessness. What can interfaith dialogue teach us about healing our wounds and coming together?
A Turning Point for Mountaintop Removal?
by Sandra DiazJan 14, 2011
- In an historic move, the EPA has vetoed a permit for mountaintop removal mining in West Virginia.
Words Matter: How Media Can Build Civility or Destroy It
by Sarah van Gelder, Brooke JarvisJan 12, 2011
- The media can, as we know, promote fear, hatred, and extremism. Can they also lead us to greater civility and more productive debate?
Diary of a Disaster: 6 Months in the Gulf
by Riki OttJan 11, 2011
- What it’s like to respond to an environmental and democratic crisis—and where we go from here.
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 8
Jan 10, 2011
- The first 7 days of the No Impact Experiment were as difficult as they were illuminating. Sunday's eco-sabbath was for reflecting on what it all means.
In Memory of Judy Bonds
by Robert ShetterlyJan 10, 2011
- Artist Robert Shetterly remembers a coal miner's daughter who took on the coal industry.