Interview with Susan Gleason
by Diane HornJun 27, 2007
- Susan Gleason talks about the US Social Forum in this 30-minute interview with Diane Horn, producer and host of the Sustainability Segment of KEXP.
Forging Connections at the U.S. Social Forum
by Justine Simon, Andy DaveyJun 27, 2007
- Over ten thousand social activists gathered in Atlanta, Georgia from June 27 to July 1, 2007 for five days of spirited dialogue and collaboration.
by Ted GlickJun 27, 2007
- Ted Glick's Call to Action: A popular, grassroots movement is necessary to pressure governments into a justice-based, clean energy revolution. The U.S Social Forum in Atlanta provides a perfect platform for such a movement.
Malik Rahim Speaks to the Freedom Caravaners
by Sarah van GelderJun 27, 2007
- Malik Rahim speaks about the Common Ground vision for its neighborhood that goes beyond restoring it to its previous state.
Interview with Victoria Rodriguez
by Sarah van GelderJun 27, 2007
- Interview with Victoria Rodriguez from Southwest Organizing Project, while on the Freedom Caravan to the USSF, June 2007.
The Change Makers
Jun 14, 2007
- Inspiring stories in their own words from community members who are co-operating to effect social change in the Americas.
Baptists and Popular Education in Cuba: an interview with Joel Suárez
by Sarah van Gelder, Justine SimonJun 12, 2007
- An interview with Joel Suárez, the general coordinator of the Martin Luther King Center in Havana, Cuba. He discusses the three founding pillars of the movement, as well as the lead up to the 1992 changes in Cuba's constitution that ratified the state's secular nature.
U.S. Role Turned Upside Down
by Sarah Anderson, Jeremy Orhan Simer, Eva GolingerMay 11, 2007
- Latin American countries are uniting in solidarity to combat U.S intervention in their politics, economies and militaries.
Horizontalidad: Where Everyone Leads
by Marina SitrinMay 11, 2007
- Horizontalidad: bringing direct democracy to Argentina's citizens while reducing unemployment and stimulating worker involvement.
Sex and Power in Chile
by Marcelo MendozaMay 11, 2007
- The dynamics of sex and politics in Chile are slowly changing with the election of Michelle Bachelet, South America's first female President. However, tensions persist between the conservative Catholic Church, the male-oriented political elite, and women who are becoming increasingly economically empowered.
Evo Morales: Indigenous Power
by Jubenal QuispeMay 11, 2007
- Evo Morales, Bolivia's first indigenous president, is forwarding a socially just agenda that promotes the country's sovereignty and multiculturalism.
by Nadia MartinezMay 11, 2007
- Latin America's marginalized are mobilizing and changing the face of their nations' politics. From increasing national oil profits to rethinking regional trade plans, they are empowering themselves and lessening their dependence on the U.S.
In Their Own Words
May 11, 2007
- In their own words, Cuban doctors share stories of outreach work in foreign communities. We also hear from co-operative community members in other parts of the world.
Affect Change: Go to the US Social Forum
May 08, 2007
- People explain why they are going to the US Social Forum in Atlanta, Georgia, June 27-July 1, 2007.
Commentary: US Social Forum - What Another U.S. Might Look Like
by Michael Leon GuerreroMay 07, 2007
- Will the first US Social Forum be an "aha" moment in the global movement for change.