How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
by Tom Atleeposted Dec 31, 2002
- Convening a cross section of the population in high-quality dialogue, with full access to whatever information is vital to their deliberations, and helping them find common ground, and then publiicizing their work to the public and its representatives.
Study Circle Democracy
by Cecile Andrewsposted Dec 31, 2002
- Deliberative democracy through study circles.
Let Every Voice Be Heard
by Steven Hillposted Dec 31, 2002
- Cumulative voting and instant runoff, Voting revolution, Alternative voting systems
Readers Take Action
posted Sep 30, 2002
- Democracy's Conversation, High Noon for Sprawl
The Creative Commons
by Molly Van Houwelingposted Sep 30, 2002
- Public Domain for creative works by Molly Van Houweling
The New Political Compass
by Paul Rayposted Jun 30, 2002
- While pundits and media remain oblivious, New Progressives are poised to forge a new American majority, whose numbers, clarity of vision, and passion could change the country’s direction
The Untold Story of America's
by Jack Weatherfordposted Jan 31, 2002
- The Untold Story of America's Democracy by Jack Weathorford, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
How To Be a Patriot
by Sam Smithposted Jan 31, 2002
- how to be a patriot, by Sam Smith, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
Get Your Vote On
by Malika Sandersposted Jan 31, 2002
- In the early days of the campaign, I often wondered whether the oppressive conditions of Selma were just a figment of my own analysis because the people here seemed so uninspired to oust Smitherman. I realized later that people only needed the spirit of hope combined with inspired “people power” and the timing of “Greater power” to overcome their worst fears and make lasting changes a reality.
Resource Guide: What Does It Mean to Be an American?
posted Jan 31, 2002
- Organizations for human rights, immigration rights, civil rights, rights for freedom
by Jacob Needlemanposted Jan 31, 2002
- America is an original expression of ideas that have always been part of the great web of Truth. Explicitly and implicitly, the idea of America has resonated with this ancient, timeless wisdom and has allowed something of its power to touch the heart and mind of humanity. We must recover this resonance, this relationship, however tenuous and partial, between the teachings of wisdom and the idea of America.
What Happens To Your Heart
by David Morseposted Jan 31, 2002
- The Campaign of Conscience joins North Americans who oppose the war in Iraq. They organize acts of civil disobedience and continue to provide humanitarian aid to Iraqis.
Ten Things You Can Do To Shape History
by Fran Kortenposted Sep 19, 2001
- A commentary by Fran Korten in response to September 11.
The Hidden Commons
by Jonathan Roweposted Jun 30, 2001
- What is the commons, and how is it valued?
Resource Guide for the Commons
posted Jun 30, 2001
- Organizations, books, websites