How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
Book Review: America Beyond Capitalism by Gar
by Adria Scharfposted Sep 12, 2005
- Adria Scharf reviews a book that will ignite the creative imagination needed for progressive activists to connect their work to a shared vision for a democratic political-economic system
India Restricts Generic Drugs
by Meredith Dearbornposted Sep 08, 2005
- India's parliament voted to restrict production of low-cost generic medicines, signaling a potential reduction in supply of medicines to the global poor
Mapping Social Patterns
by Myron Orfieldposted Sep 08, 2005
- Regional equity advocates are using GIS mapping tools to increase their impact
Karl Linn 1923-2005: Building a just world, one garden at a time
by Diana Youngposted Jul 12, 2005
- Karl Linn bridged communities with their landscapes by dedicating his life to improving the green environments around him. From developing community gardens in local communities to jumpstarting an Urban Habitat Program in the San Francisco Bay Area, Linn inspired the idea of environmental justice before it became widely known. In his death, he has left a legacy in every commons he created.
Art in the Village
by Abby Scherposted May 25, 2005
- From abandoned to beautiful: Lily Yeh partnered with the youth of North Philadelphia to transform a neighborhood.
Seven Great Ideas for Movement Builders
by Grace Lee Boggsposted May 24, 2005
- Movement building is not just about winning on a particular issue, says Grace Lee Boggs. It is about advancing the evolution of human society.
by Mary Nelsonposted May 09, 2005
- Incorporates a mix of high-density residential, retail and office functions all within easy access of a major transit stop.
Community Land Trusts
by Susan Witt, Merrian Fullerposted May 09, 2005
- CLT's take land out of the speculative market and hold it for farmland, conservation or as sites for housing or businesses.
The Guerrilla News Network
by Anna Lappeposted Mar 24, 2005
- What is the Gerrilla News Network?
The Work Ahead: Start a Dialogue; Take a Stand
by Reverend Robert W. Edgarposted Mar 23, 2005
- National Council of Churches is rolling out study materials on the current state of world affairs.
It Takes a Community Media Center
by Dirk Koningposted Mar 16, 2005
- The Community Media Center (CMC) was founded in 1981 as Grand Rapids Cable Access Center (known as GRTV). It is one of the first public access stations in the nation to expand beyond public access television to provide a range of media tools, training and transmission options for community members and nonprofit organizations. Among them, the five affiliates offer numerous projects and services.
Questions for Students: Earth Charter
by YES! for Youth Education Programposted Mar 10, 2005
Media Hero: Ed Schultz
by Carolyn McConnellposted Mar 10, 2005
Media Hero: DeeDee Halleck
by Jonathan Lawsonposted Mar 10, 2005
presente! a radio station barn raising
by Hannah Sassamanposted Mar 10, 2005
- When farmworkers needed a way to reach one another, they invited activists nationwide for a radio barn raising.