How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
State of the Possible
by Fran Kortenposted Mar 31, 2001
- Practical idealists from diverse movements and perspectives consider the possibilities for transformational change at State of the Possible retreats sponsored by Positive Futures Network.
Corporate Democracy, Civic Disrespect
by James Galbraithposted Mar 31, 2001
- Why america has gone from a constitutional republic to a corporate democracy and what to do about it.
The Nexxt Revolutionaries
by Shannon Serviceposted Oct 27, 2000
- the nexxt revolutionaries, by Shannon Service. Stories of youth activists and their campaigns for the earth, for justice, and against globalization.
Veterans of Hope: Ruby Sales
by Ruby Salesposted Oct 27, 2000
- In this Veterans of Hope interview, Ruby Sales tells of her release from prison in Haneyville, Alabama, where she and Jonathan Daniels, a white seminarian, had been registering people to vote.
by Richard Heinbergposted Oct 27, 2000
- Innovation, insight, and knowledge from the 20th century could inspire social transformation in the 21st.
Freedom's Sacred Dance
by Vincent Harding, Rosemarie Freeney Hardingposted Oct 27, 2000
- The Veterans of Hope Project brings together veterans of the civil rights movement with young activist to explore links between religion and social transformation.
The New Solidarity
by Anthony S. Archposted Oct 27, 2000
- the new solidarity, by Anthony S. Arch. Steelworkers and forest activists forge a new alliance.
by Jan Robertsposted Oct 27, 2000
- A description of the Earth Charter document, a declaration of responsibility and interdependency.
Learning To Choose
by Raymond Royposted Sep 30, 2000
- Roy describes the development of a victim empathy class for prisoners in Oregon and it's impact on inmates.
This Is What Democracy Looked Like
by Amber Gallupposted Jun 30, 2000
- Amber Gallup reports from the IMF/World Bank protests in Washington, DC.
Clueless In Seattle
by Jonathan Roweposted Mar 31, 2000
- Why were all those people in the streets? Reporters and pundits who covered the WTO recited the free-trade mantra but knew nothing of its real-world impact. Then there’s the small matter of who owns the media
What's Next After Seattle WTO Protests
by Fran Kortenposted Mar 31, 2000
- What to do in the post-WTO protest era.
November 30 WTO Showdown
by Paul Hawkenposted Mar 31, 2000
- The most dramatic confrontations took place on November 30 (N30), when thousands of protesters blocked WTO delegates from reaching the meeting. Author Paul Hawken was among them.
From the Trenches: Opening Day of the WTO Ministerial Meeting
by Tracy Rysavyposted Nov 30, 1999
- WTO On-Site Report, November 30, 1999 by Tracy Rysavy.
WTO Is Anti-Democratic, Anti-People, and Anti-Environment
by David C. Kortenposted Nov 30, 1999
- Guest editorial on the Seattle WTO Protests, aired on KPLU, Tacoma, WA November 1999