How to Help Immigrant and Muslim Neighbors
by Lornet TurnbullFeb 03, 2017
- People are turning their frustrations with the Trump administration into actions that make a meaningful difference in the lives of vulnerable community members.
University of California Next In Line To Dump Wells Fargo Contracts
by Melissa HellmannFeb 03, 2017
- The UC system is severing $475 million in contracts with Wells Fargo over, among other things, the bank’s ties to private prison corporations.
How Neighbors Turned Unused Buildings into a Thriving Community Hub
by Christa HillstromFeb 03, 2017
- As rents rise and independent businesses in Minneapolis lose their leases to large national chains, a first-of-its-kind co-op found a solution.
6 States With Criminal Justice Reform Wins to Celebrate
by Jaime Alfaro, Araz Hachadourian, Christa HillstromFeb 03, 2017
- In Oregon, incarcerated women stay connected with their children through special visitations and virtual parent-teacher conferences.
Detroit’s Massive Muslim Community Looks for Allies in the Trump Era
by Zenobia JeffriesFeb 01, 2017
- Fifty-five percent of Americans know very little or nothing at all about Islam, but this group wants to change that.
Changing Hearts and Opening Minds—It Happens When We Listen
by Sarah van GelderFeb 01, 2017
- We can start difficult conversations by speaking from the heart and sharing our wish for a world where everyone is safe and free.
A 10-Point Plan to Stop Trump—And Make Gains in Justice and Equality
by George LakeyJan 31, 2017
- The first step? Recognize that we represent the majority.
Winona LaDuke on New Ways to Keep Pipelines Out of the Great Lakes
by Winona LaDukeJan 31, 2017
- The surge of formal opposition to tar sands and fracked oil pipelines shows how Standing Rock resistance has emboldened Great Lakes tribes.
Amid “Muslim Ban” Chaos, Van Jones Sends in His Love Army
by Zenobia JeffriesJan 30, 2017
- Lawyers and protestors took action: “Nobody’s going to fight alone.”
Harry Potter Is Relevant to Fighting Trump—But Not The Way You Think
by Ray StoeveJan 29, 2017
- How to adapt the fictional lessons of the Harry Potter universe to a real-life Voldemort.
“We Don’t Want Your Tiny Hands Anywhere Near Our Underpants”
by Olivia AndersonJan 28, 2017
- How feminist punk bands are igniting the fight against Donald Trump.
10 Films to Keep You Inspired After the Women’s March
by Breena KerrJan 27, 2017
- Movies to remind you there’s hope in the fight for justice and equality.
Tribe Uneasy About Border Surveillance Plans on Their Land
by Tim VanderpoolJan 27, 2017
- Tensions are high on the Tohono O’odham Nation, where Border Patrol has proposed high-tech surveillance towers as part of a sophisticated “virtual wall” system.
Trump Impeachment Campaign Begins
by James TrimarcoJan 26, 2017
- Never has a modern president so flagrantly violated the Constitution. A constitutional law attorney explains this unprecedented situation in American history—and what we can do about it.
Standing Rock Chairman Demands “Leader to Leader” Meeting With Trump
by Tracy Loeffelholz DunnJan 26, 2017
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers reportedly has been directed to issue the Dakota Access pipeline easement, even though the environmental review is in the middle of a public comment period.