Something Better to Offer Trump Voters Tired of Waiting for Their Turn
by David KortenJan 11, 2017
- A world free of extremes of wealth and poverty in which no one needs to stand in line for a chance at a secure and fulfilling life.
The Trump Era Will Test Us. What Are You Willing to Risk?
by Fran KortenJan 11, 2017
- Many of us have never had our courage or convictions challenged in frightening ways. That may change.
What’s Up, Pussy Hat? Knitting Activists Cause Shortages of Pink Yarn
by Jennifer LuxtonJan 10, 2017
- In the weeks leading up to Inauguration Day and the Women’s March on Washington, a furious knitting revolution is sweeping craft baskets across the country.
Worried About Rent Hikes, 301 Families Came Together to Buy Their Mobile Home Park
by Olivia Anderson, Araz Hachadourian, Christa HillstromJan 09, 2017
- And five other creative ways Americans are stepping up to build strong local economies.
Robert Reich: 12 Ways to Resist Trump That Only Take an Hour a Day
by Robert ReichJan 09, 2017
- Including making your city a sanctuary, boycotting all Trump products, and reaching out to independents.
Standing Rock and the Return of the Nonviolent Campaign
by George LakeyJan 06, 2017
- There’s something even better than electoral politics and one-off protests when mobilizing citizen power.
Creating an LGBTQIA Safe Space in Rural America
by Kit O’ConnellJan 05, 2017
- Alternative art spaces are critical to establishing connections for queer people, but especially for those living in rural areas, where community is smaller and less supported than in cities.
Nashville Teens Mapped Their Daily Routes—And Got a New Bike Lane as a Result
by Araz HachadourianJan 03, 2017
- In Nashville, Tennessee, and Chicago, city planners are responding to demands for better neighborhood mobility and bicycling infrastructure.
This Small Town Refused to Settle for Wal-Mart When Its Last Local Grocery Store Closed
by Melissa HellmannJan 02, 2017
- After 10 years without an independent grocery store, the residents of Iola, Kansas, found a way to bring one back.
10 Indigenous and Environmental Struggles—And How You Can Help in 2017
by The Indigenous #NoDAPL CoalitionJan 01, 2017
- Whom to call, what to donate, and where to show up.
As a Trump Administration Fast Approaches, Cities and Towns Gear Up for Political Resistance
by Sally NeasDec 29, 2016
- In the years to come, community bills of rights are one strategy to shelter vulnerable populations.
Call for Submissions: “Sanctuary Communities”
by YES! EditorsDec 29, 2016
- Send us your ideas by Jan. 25.
20 Photos: My Seven Months of Living at Standing Rock
by Desiree KaneDec 28, 2016
- The community we have built here has taught many how to live a large-scale sustainable, decolonized, anticapitalist lifestyle.
New Year, New President, and Our Promise
by YES! EditorsDec 27, 2016
- We represent independent journalism. Even in the darkest times, you can depend on us to find the progressive solutions that will heal the planet and improve the lives of the many.
It Wasn’t All Bad: 5 Signs of Positive Change in 2016
by Sarah van GelderDec 27, 2016
- The election divided the year into “before” and “after.” But there remain signs of hope for 2017.