How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
Turning Scarcity Into Abundance
by Vandana Shivaposted Dec 31, 2003
- The solution to scarcity is not more mega-projects, more control by giant corporations, or more globalization. The solution to scarcity is more democracy
The Lake And the 'hood
by Jane Braxton Littleposted Dec 31, 2003
- Mono Lake activists fought a 16-year David-versus-Goliath battle against the city's Department of Water and Power (DWP) to stop water diversions to Los Angeles. Yet the rural community and the city have emerged from the fray as watershed partners.
Whose Voting Machines?
by Doug Pibelposted Dec 31, 2003
- Voting Machine Corporations Controlled by Republicans tied to Bush
A Watershed Runs Through You
by Freeman Houseposted Dec 31, 2003
- The struggle to bring back endangered salmon draws one community into a new commitment to the well-being of its watershed
Bringing Back Desert Springs
by Gary Nabhanposted Dec 31, 2003
- The Hopi people of the Black Mesa region know how to farm and thrive in the desert Southwest. But a giant coal company is draining the aquifer that feeds their sacred springs and makes their livelihood possible.
This Is What Justice Looks Like
by Carol Estesposted Mar 31, 2003
- Until minutes before the deadline, no none knew if a proposed world criminal court could win needed support. It won by a landslide, and its creation opens new possibilities for the rule of law to replace the rule of fear and violence.
10 Questions Americans Are Asking as the US Government Prepares for War
by Carolyn McConnell, Kim Corriganposted Mar 05, 2003
- Ten questions Americans are asking in the run up to war with Iraq.
Speaking for Justice
by Pramila Jayapalposted Dec 31, 2002
- Sikhs, Somalis, Arabs, Latinos, people whose lives have changed since September 11, 2001, gather in Seattle to tell their stories of fear and humiliation—stories that echo the Japanese internments . Immigrant injustices since Septermber 11. Erosion of constitutional rights.
Talking Back: Media for the People
posted Dec 31, 2002
- Media for the People- Ricardo "Kool Aid" Chavez, Desiree Evans, Megan Rowling, Jonathan Lawson, Jeff Chester and Gary O. Larson
Book Review - Silent Theft: The Private Plunder of Our Common Wealth by David Bollier
by Jonathan Roweposted Dec 31, 2002
Free Airtime For Political
by Paul Taylorposted Dec 31, 2002
- campaign finance reform and free airtime for candidates
by Micah Sifryposted Dec 31, 2002
- clean elections: How can we rid our election system of the corrupting influence of big money and welcome in third parties?
Resource Guide for Democracy
posted Dec 31, 2002
- Living Economies resource guide
Women, Citizenship, and the End of
by Hilkka Pietilaposted Dec 31, 2002
- Nordic welfare society, Finland, Martha Organization,
by Carolyn McConnellposted Dec 31, 2002
- voting is the bottom line to democracy, deliberative poll , neighborhood meetings, James Fishkin and Bruse Ackerman propose "Deliberation Day.