How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
Report from the World Social Forum
by Fran Kortenposted May 20, 2004
- World Social Forum in Mumbai: In mid-January, more than 80,000 global activists, scholars, Nobel laureates, poets, musicians, indigenous peoples, and community organizers gathered to declare once again, "Another world is possible!". Fran Korten reports.
Citizen Action, Networks and Global Change
by Anwar Fazalposted May 20, 2004
- The experience of the International Organization of Consumers' Unions.
The beloved community of Martin Luther King
by Grace Lee Boggsposted May 20, 2004
- Reflections on Martin Luther King, Jr.'s revolutionary ideas and what they might mean for us today.
Young Righteous - And Voting
by William Upski Wimsattposted May 20, 2004
- Electoral politics and youth, League of Hip-hop voters, League of Young Voters, League of Pissed Off Voters, Young, Righteous - and Voting by William Upski Wimsatt,
Getting Out the Vote
by Megan Tadyposted May 20, 2004
- Getting Out the Vote Guide, Voter turnout, voter mobilization
Update Voting Rules
by Robert Richieposted May 20, 2004
- Update Voting Rules by Robert Richie - Instant Runoff Voting, Full/Proportiona Representation, Fusion, Ballot Access. Center for Voting and Democracy
How You Can Get Involved In Transforming U.S. Politics
posted May 20, 2004
- research camdodates, create fair elections, motivate youth, become an activist, research the issues
Visualize a Fair Election
by Greg Palast, Ina Howardposted May 20, 2004
- Visualize a Fair Election by Greg Palast and Ina Howard, Martin Luther King asks "do African americans have the right to vote?, computer voting and paper trails, how can we do a better job?
The Battle In Seattle Moves South
by Kim Corriganposted May 20, 2004
- The Battle in Seattle Moves South by Kim Corrigan
How To Change the World In Three Easy Clicks
by Don Hazen, Tai Mosesposted May 20, 2004
- MoveOn has become the most powerful activist voice in America, attracting more than 1.5 million members domestically and hundreds of thousands more around the world
Reclaim the Media
by Seeta Pena Gangadharanposted May 20, 2004
- - media democracy movement, fight the FCC, public right to airwaves
A Force More Powerful Than Violence: An Interview with Bob Edgar
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- Carolyn McConnell interviews Bob Edgar general secretary of the National Council of Churches (NCC).
Fighting For the Soul of the Democratic
by John Dittmerposted May 20, 2004
- fighting for the soul of the democratic party by John Dittmer
Government of the People :: Discussion Guide
posted May 20, 2004
- Think about relatives, colleagues, or neighbors who have a very different perspective on issues you care about. What is the foundation for their deeply held views? Are there values you hold in common? Do these suggest issues on which you might find common ground? What language might help find that common ground?
by Thomas Simonposted May 20, 2004
- UNC students debate with Pastor Fred Phelps and his anti-gay views.