People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
The End of Empire
by David Kortenposted Mar 28, 2011
- Wall Street’s days are numbered. Ours need not be.
Fighting America’s Corporate Coup D’Etat
by Amy Goodmanposted Mar 17, 2011
- Amy Goodman and Naomi Klein on how Americans across the country are resisting the Shock Doctrine.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari Margilposted Mar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
Wisconsin Awakens a Sleeping Giant
by Sarah van Gelder, Brooke Jarvisposted Mar 15, 2011
- Workers across the country are demanding to know why corporations and the wealthy get bailouts and tax breaks while teachers and steel workers bear the burdens of budget crises.
People We Love: Inez Killingsworth
by Alyssa B. Johnsonposted Mar 11, 2011
- How one outspoken resident is helping Cleveland's families keep their homes.
On the Origin of Corporations
by David Kortenposted Mar 07, 2011
- How today's Wall Street profiteers follow in the footsteps of the buccaneers and privateers of yesteryear.
US Uncut: Standing Up to Corporate Tax Dodgers
posted Mar 03, 2011
- Photo essay: "Austerity for us, prosperity for them"—and more signs from US Uncut's 50-city protests of corporate tax avoidance.
War Against the Middle Class
by David Kortenposted Mar 01, 2011
- How Wall Street undermined an American ideal and won the class war.
“Do You Pay Your Taxes? Bank of America Doesn’t”
by Chuck Collinsposted Feb 28, 2011
- The latest from a growing international movement to make corporate tax dodgers pay ... so public services don't have to.
Bigger than Unions, Bigger than Wisconsin
by Micah Uetrichtposted Feb 25, 2011
- How Americans across professions, religions, and states are uniting in opposition to Wisconsin's anti-union bill—and cultivating a movement that reaches far beyond the state border.
More Powerful Than We Know: Interview with Tim DeChristopher
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 25, 2011
- Facing jail time for civil disobedience, Tim DeChristopher on why “we have more than enough power” to stop the fossil fuel industry.
Dear Glenn Beck: It’s Not Conspiracy, It’s Courage
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 24, 2011
- Glenn Beck thinks the spread of anti-corporate protests is a little too convenient. But this is what happens when ordinary people discover their power.
5 Ways You Can Fight Citizens United
by Annie Leonard, Allison Cookposted Feb 21, 2011
- The Story of Citizens United v FEC: How we the people can reclaim our democracy.
Wisconsin: The First Stop in An American Uprising?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 18, 2011
- It took a while, but protests in Wisconsin show that poor and middle class Americans are ready to push back against the policies and cuts that hurt them most. Madison may be only the beginning.
Sitting In with Wendell Berry
by Jeff Biggersposted Feb 17, 2011
- An interview with Wendell Berry midway through his four-day sit-in in the Kentucky governor's office in protest of mountaintop removal coal mining.