Van Jones: Now is the Time to Protect the American Dream
Jun 16, 2011
- Video: "It's time for the deep patriots to stand up to the cheap patriots." Van Jones' address to Netroots Nation 2011.
Closing Down Coal Plants
by Sarah KuckJun 15, 2011
- Why shutting down 20 boilers nationwide could herald big changes for our energy future.
Our Most Urgent Climate Struggles—And How We Might Win Them
by Bill McKibbenJun 02, 2011
- Bill McKibben: In the mighty struggles beginning between climate activists and the fossil fuel industry, geography is on our side.
Give Us Our Law Back: Montana Fights to Stop Corporate Corruption
by Gwen Stowe, Jeff ClementsMay 24, 2011
- For nearly 100 years, Montana law prohibited corporate money in politics. Then came the Citizens United decision.
Mr. Colbert Goes to the FEC
by Brooke JarvisMay 18, 2011
- The satirist wants to form "a megaphone made of cash"—his own super PAC.
Keepers of the Seeds
by Winona LaDukeMay 12, 2011
- Winona LaDuke: How Native farmers and gardeners are working to preserve their agricultural heritage.
Photo Essay: Crude Reflections from the Amazon
by Lou DematteisMay 04, 2011
- After enduring years of toxic dumping and rising cancer rates, indigenous Ecuadorians took oil giant Chevron to court to fight for the life of the rainforest—and its people.
Diary of an Eco-Outlaw: An Unreasonable Woman Breaks the Law for Mother Earth
by Kristin KolbMay 01, 2011
- YES! reviews the latest book from offbeat activist Diane Wilson.
Tax Day 2011: "The More You Make, The Less You Pay"
by Chuck CollinsApr 15, 2011
- Corporations are dodging taxes, governments are cutting social services, and Americans are fed up. How they're fighting back.
The Budget Agreement: No Occasion for Back-Patting
by Alan W. HousemanApr 11, 2011
- Lawmakers are congratulating themselves for averting government shutdown—but the nation's budget for 2012 is still out of balance.
Jon Stewart: Wait, Who’s Greedy?
Mar 30, 2011
- GE's not paying taxes ... and public employees are the ones we're calling "greedy, parasitic, and selfish?"
The End of Empire
by David KortenMar 28, 2011
- Wall Street’s days are numbered. Ours need not be.
Fighting America’s Corporate Coup D’Etat
by Amy GoodmanMar 17, 2011
- Amy Goodman and Naomi Klein on how Americans across the country are resisting the Shock Doctrine.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari MargilMar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
Wisconsin Awakens a Sleeping Giant
by Sarah van Gelder, Brooke JarvisMar 15, 2011
- Workers across the country are demanding to know why corporations and the wealthy get bailouts and tax breaks while teachers and steel workers bear the burdens of budget crises.