People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
Tribes Unite to Fight BP
by Sue Sturgisposted Jul 07, 2010
- Indigenous leaders from Ecuador visited Louisiana to share what they learned in a decades-long battle with Texaco.
New Heroes in the Fight Against Big Oil
by Madeline Ostranderposted Jun 25, 2010
- How one Florida restaurant owner has organized a force against offshore drilling.
Six Things To Do About the BP Gulf Disaster
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 01, 2010
- Instead of sitting helplessly on the sidelines, here are six things every American can do.
David Korten: Why We Must Declare Our Independence from Wall Street
posted Jun 01, 2010
- David Korten introduces his Agenda for a New Economy at the 2009 Seattle Green Festival.
Lighting the Way to a New Economy
by David Kortenposted May 31, 2010
- All across the United States and Canada people are rebuilding their local economies to restore community and regain control of their economic lives. How do these local efforts add up to global economic transformation? I delivered this keynote address to the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE) in Charleston, NC on May 22, 2010 on the theme "Lighting the Way to a New Economy."
Real People v. Corporate “People”: The Fight Is On
by Doug Pibelposted May 27, 2010
- The Supreme Court says corporations can spend as much money as they want on political advertising. Millions of Americans say they've had it.
How Felton, Calif., Achieved Water Independence
by Tara Lohanposted May 27, 2010
- A tiny Californian town took back its water supply—and your town can too.
3 World Water Wins
by Maude Barlow, Anil Naidoo, Meera Karunananthanposted May 27, 2010
- Around the world, people are taking control of their water supply.
People We Love :: Donna Edwards
by Berit Andersonposted May 27, 2010
- Standing against corporate power.
Haitian Farmers Refuse Monsanto Hybrid Seeds
by Beverly Bellposted May 21, 2010
- A coalition of peasant farmers is standing up for food sovereignty.
Marching on K Street to Transform Wall Street
by John Cavanaghposted May 17, 2010
- To curb Wall Street's power, we need to get our own government back on our side.
The 28th Amendment? Interview with Donna Edwards
by Sarah van Gelderposted May 14, 2010
- YES! Magazine executive editor Sarah van Gelder spoke to Rep. Donna Edwards about the constitutional amendment Edwards introduced in response to the Citizens United decision.
Fix the Economy, Not Wall Street
by David Kortenposted Apr 28, 2010
- Would-be Wall Street regulators aren't asking the right question: How do we create a financial services sector that directs money where it is actually needed?
The Cochabamba Water Revolt, Ten Years Later
by Jim Shultzposted Apr 20, 2010
- Bolivia's historic grassroots victory against Bechtel is a reminder of the power of protest—as well as the importance of less romantic work.
Citizens United: People Strike Back
by Riki Ott, David Cobbposted Apr 16, 2010
- How states and people are mobilizing to defend democracy.