People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
Why Leaving Goldman Sachs Breaks the Rules of the Game
by Elizabeth Dotyposted Mar 23, 2012
- Defector Greg Smith has been called dishonest, unprofessional, and self-serving. But what might he be telling us about how to do business responsibly?
In Small Groups and Small Towns, Opposition to Citizens United Spreads
by Sarah Byrnesposted Mar 22, 2012
- Ordinary, introverted Jennifer Robinson helped convince her town to officially oppose the Supreme Court decision. You can, too, with a little help from your friends.
Occupy’s Front Line Moves to the Front Lawn
by Laura Gottesdienerposted Mar 19, 2012
- Closing down banks and holding up families, the fight against unjust foreclosures takes off.
“Social Security is Broke”—and Other Corporate Scare Tactics
by Lisa Gravesposted Mar 19, 2012
- For years, corporations have been peddling myths to rally us behind their interests. Here are three things everyone “knows,” and why they're wrong.
Curriculum & Resources: The Corporation
posted Mar 14, 2012
- Watch a new video about an eighth grade class using The Corporation film as a discussion starter. Share with your students using free curriculum from The Ontario Institute of Studies in Education.
My Greatest Teaching Moment
by Jesse Hagopianposted Mar 14, 2012
- High school history teacher Jesse Hagopian celebrates the moment when his students started making their own history.
Special Weapons for Fighting Giants
by Robert Weissmanposted Mar 14, 2012
- Revoke their charters, and other legal tools to hold corporations accountable to our laws.
Our House, In the Middle of the Bank
posted Mar 13, 2012
- Video: What can you do when the bank takes away your house? Move into theirs.
Three Ways to Beat Corporate Giants
by Jim Shultzposted Mar 09, 2012
- How do Davids bring down Goliaths? Three tactics that worked.
Vermont Votes to Overturn Citizens United
by Brooke Jarvisposted Mar 08, 2012
- From town meetings to the state legislature, Vermont is sending a strong message on corporate involvement in politics.
Nurses Fight for a Dose of Tax Justice
by Sarah Andersonposted Mar 06, 2012
- Before there was Occupy, thousands of nurses were already taking on Wall Street to demand a financial transaction tax.
America the Possible: A Manifesto
by Gus Spethposted Mar 02, 2012
- It’s not too late to build an American Dream that lives up to our highest ideals.
Occupy Takes On ALEC
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 29, 2012
- Occupy’s latest target: corporations that write their agendas into state laws.
The Undead Pipeline Returns
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 29, 2012
- The Keystone XL pipeline is back, sort of. But will its promoters’ tactics cause a property rights backlash?
Fracking Bans that Can Stand
by Maura Stephensposted Feb 29, 2012
- In New York, judges are standing up for communities’ rights to say no to corporate drilling.