People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
The People’s Media
by Joseph Torresposted Feb 08, 2012
- Public interest groups have waged a spirited campaign to prevent a corporate takeover of the Internet.
A Magna Carta Moment for Internet Freedom
posted Feb 08, 2012
- Video: Why we must fight for our online rights—before they’re sold, legislated, and programmed away.
Big News on Bank Transfers
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 03, 2012
- The Occupy effect? In the last 3 months, Americans switched banks at three times the normal rate.
posted Feb 01, 2012
- Video: Why is the Occupy movement focused on bank deregulation?
The Koch Brothers Exposed
by Oliver Lazenbyposted Feb 01, 2012
- Film Review: How far do the tentacles of the Kochtopus reach? Follow the money with this collection of 13 short films.
A Bold Win Against Big Oil
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 01, 2012
- How people power stopped the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Occupy UC Davis: Whose University?
by Jennifer Kayeposted Feb 01, 2012
- How a student sit-in led to a national outcry.
5 Acts of Creative Disruption
by Ayla Harbin, Christa Hillstromposted Jan 31, 2012
- Video: From mic checks in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to flash mobs at Target, expressing dissent has never been more colorful.
How to Reverse the Corporate Coup d’Etat
posted Jan 26, 2012
- Chris Hedges and Lawrence Lessig discuss the Occupy movement, Citizens United, and our best options for real reform.
New York’s Little Revolution
by Ellen Cantarowposted Jan 25, 2012
- How the state’s fight for clean water is reshaping its political landscape.
The State of the 99 Percent
by Sarah Anderson, John Cavanaghposted Jan 25, 2012
- The Occupy movement is clearly affecting political rhetoric ... but what about real action?
Corporate Rule Is Not Inevitable
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jan 20, 2012
- 7 signs the corporatocracy is losing its legitimacy ... and 7 populist tools to help shut it down.
How the Pipeline Died—And How to Bury It For Good
by Jamie Hennposted Jan 18, 2012
- The inside story: Grassroots strategies paid off for the climate movement in a big way.
Honest Appalachia: A Local WikiLeaks?
by Sue Sturgisposted Jan 18, 2012
- In a region not known for corporate or political transparency, a new website aims to give whistleblowers a forum.
Four Smart State Laws Set to Move in 2012
by Charles Monacoposted Jan 13, 2012
- Congress may be deadlocked, but practical, popular solutions are gaining momentum at the state level.