People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
Rights are for Real People
by Jeffrey D. Clementsposted Feb 20, 2012
- Where the infamous Citizens United decision came from and how to overturn it.
5 Ways to Make Your Dollars Make Sense
by Michael Shumanposted Feb 14, 2012
- Concerned about Wall Street’s devastating impact on communities? Then invest in yourself—the most local investment of all.
A Separation of Church and Bank
posted Feb 13, 2012
- Video: After Bank of America foreclosed on thousands of homes in their San Jose parish, the members of this Catholic church bid it goodbye—and took $3 million with them.
Organic Farmers Take Monsanto to Court
by April Dávilaposted Feb 12, 2012
- Why hundreds of thousands are seeking protection from the seed giant.
The People’s Media
by Joseph Torresposted Feb 08, 2012
- Public interest groups have waged a spirited campaign to prevent a corporate takeover of the Internet.
A Magna Carta Moment for Internet Freedom
posted Feb 08, 2012
- Video: Why we must fight for our online rights—before they’re sold, legislated, and programmed away.
Big News on Bank Transfers
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 03, 2012
- The Occupy effect? In the last 3 months, Americans switched banks at three times the normal rate.
posted Feb 01, 2012
- Video: Why is the Occupy movement focused on bank deregulation?
The Koch Brothers Exposed
by Oliver Lazenbyposted Feb 01, 2012
- Film Review: How far do the tentacles of the Kochtopus reach? Follow the money with this collection of 13 short films.
A Bold Win Against Big Oil
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 01, 2012
- How people power stopped the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Occupy UC Davis: Whose University?
by Jennifer Kayeposted Feb 01, 2012
- How a student sit-in led to a national outcry.
5 Acts of Creative Disruption
by Ayla Harbin, Christa Hillstromposted Jan 31, 2012
- Video: From mic checks in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to flash mobs at Target, expressing dissent has never been more colorful.
How to Reverse the Corporate Coup d’Etat
posted Jan 26, 2012
- Chris Hedges and Lawrence Lessig discuss the Occupy movement, Citizens United, and our best options for real reform.
New York’s Little Revolution
by Ellen Cantarowposted Jan 25, 2012
- How the state’s fight for clean water is reshaping its political landscape.
The State of the 99 Percent
by Sarah Anderson, John Cavanaghposted Jan 25, 2012
- The Occupy movement is clearly affecting political rhetoric ... but what about real action?