People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
How to Fix Health Care Without the Mandate
by Sarah van Gelderposted Apr 06, 2012
- Why truly affordable care means single-payer.
No More Handouts to Big Oil
by Bill McKibbenposted Apr 05, 2012
- Bill McKibben’s five rules of the road for reforming fossil fuel subsidies.
Occupy 2.0: The Great Turning
by Michael Naglerposted Apr 05, 2012
- Michael Nagler on building a movement to build a new reality.
4 Ways to Flex Our Electoral Muscles
by Brooke Jarvisposted Apr 03, 2012
- What we can do right now to strengthen our democracy.
When Bankers Rule the World
by David Kortenposted Mar 29, 2012
- How we can call out the myths, restructure the banking system, shut down the con game, and take back America.
Boulder Votes to Free Its Electric Company
by Valerie Schloredtposted Mar 26, 2012
- Running their own utility means sun and wind energy instead of coal.
Who Really Gets Burned With Tort Reform?
by Doug Pibelposted Mar 23, 2012
- It’s not about protecting ordinary people. It’s about the profits of the people and corporations who cause injuries.
Why Leaving Goldman Sachs Breaks the Rules of the Game
by Elizabeth Dotyposted Mar 23, 2012
- Defector Greg Smith has been called dishonest, unprofessional, and self-serving. But what might he be telling us about how to do business responsibly?
In Small Groups and Small Towns, Opposition to Citizens United Spreads
by Sarah Byrnesposted Mar 22, 2012
- Ordinary, introverted Jennifer Robinson helped convince her town to officially oppose the Supreme Court decision. You can, too, with a little help from your friends.
Occupy’s Front Line Moves to the Front Lawn
by Laura Gottesdienerposted Mar 19, 2012
- Closing down banks and holding up families, the fight against unjust foreclosures takes off.
“Social Security is Broke”—and Other Corporate Scare Tactics
by Lisa Gravesposted Mar 19, 2012
- For years, corporations have been peddling myths to rally us behind their interests. Here are three things everyone “knows,” and why they're wrong.
Curriculum & Resources: The Corporation
posted Mar 14, 2012
- Watch a new video about an eighth grade class using The Corporation film as a discussion starter. Share with your students using free curriculum from The Ontario Institute of Studies in Education.
My Greatest Teaching Moment
by Jesse Hagopianposted Mar 14, 2012
- High school history teacher Jesse Hagopian celebrates the moment when his students started making their own history.
Special Weapons for Fighting Giants
by Robert Weissmanposted Mar 14, 2012
- Revoke their charters, and other legal tools to hold corporations accountable to our laws.
Our House, In the Middle of the Bank
posted Mar 13, 2012
- Video: What can you do when the bank takes away your house? Move into theirs.