People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
Why I’m Giving Up Cynicism for New Year's
by Bill McKibbenposted Jan 06, 2012
- Let’s be naïve enough to demand a country more like the one we were promised in high school civics class.
How Cities and States are Sticking It to Citizens United
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jan 05, 2012
- From courthouses to statehouses, the pro-corporate ruling is under pressure.
A Bill of Rights for Occupied Communities
by Jeff Reifman, Thomas Linzeyposted Jan 03, 2012
- A bill of rights that protects people and nature, but not corporations? Your community could be next.
Occupy Wall Street on the Waterfront
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 14, 2011
- This week, protesters from Anchorage to Los Angeles coordinated a convtroversial mass effort to shut down the West Coast’s ports, “hitting Wall Street where it hurts the most.”
After Durban: Climate Activists Target Corporate Power
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 13, 2011
- After another disappointing round of UN negotiations, climate justice activists have a new strategy.
Occupy Moves to the Home Front
by Nathan Schneiderposted Dec 08, 2011
- Why the attempt to take on foreclosures directly is our clearest glimpse yet of what Occupy Phase II will look like.
Occupy Economics: Because We’re Teaching It Wrong
posted Dec 05, 2011
- Does Occupy Wall Street highlight the failures of traditional Econ 101? These economists think so.
We the People vs. Wall Street
by Sarah van Gelderposted Dec 02, 2011
- The YES! Magazine editors are planning a new issue focused on practical ways to counter the power of corporations and Wall Street. Can you help?
Jobs Not Cuts: UK Strikes Against Austerity
by Ari Bermanposted Dec 01, 2011
- In Britain, two million public sector workers launched the largest strike in three decades.
7 Ways to Support the Real Job Creator: Main Street
by John Cavanagh, David Kortenposted Nov 29, 2011
- Turns out most job creation comes from the 99 percent, not the one percent.
Occupy Wall Street, Beyond Encampments
by Luis Moreno-Caballud, Marina Sitrinposted Nov 21, 2011
- As winter arrives and police crack down, how can occupiers keep their movement alive—and help it grow? Veteran activists share lessons from Spain’s Indignados.
Occupy Wall Street to World: This Is So Not Over!
by Olivia Rosaneposted Nov 18, 2011
- Two days after being evicted from Zuccotti Park, Occupy Wall Street’s flagship occupation marked its two-month anniversary with a massive celebration of resilience.
This Changes Everything: How the 99% Woke Up
by Sarah van Gelderposted Nov 18, 2011
- Introducing the movement that’s shifting our vision of what kind of world is possible—from the new book, “This Changes Everything: Occupy Wall Street and the 99% Movement.”
Occupy A New Conversation
by David Kortenposted Nov 16, 2011
- America is a tale of two economies: one serves Wall Street, and the other is accountable to the rest of us. Which one will we choose?
After the Eviction: What’s Next for Occupy Wall Street?
by Nathan Schneiderposted Nov 15, 2011
- What does the Occupy movement do when its flagship occupation is, at least for now, gone?