People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
Special Weapons for Fighting Giants
by Robert Weissmanposted Mar 14, 2012
- Revoke their charters, and other legal tools to hold corporations accountable to our laws.
Our House, In the Middle of the Bank
posted Mar 13, 2012
- Video: What can you do when the bank takes away your house? Move into theirs.
Three Ways to Beat Corporate Giants
by Jim Shultzposted Mar 09, 2012
- How do Davids bring down Goliaths? Three tactics that worked.
Vermont Votes to Overturn Citizens United
by Brooke Jarvisposted Mar 08, 2012
- From town meetings to the state legislature, Vermont is sending a strong message on corporate involvement in politics.
Nurses Fight for a Dose of Tax Justice
by Sarah Andersonposted Mar 06, 2012
- Before there was Occupy, thousands of nurses were already taking on Wall Street to demand a financial transaction tax.
America the Possible: A Manifesto
by Gus Spethposted Mar 02, 2012
- It’s not too late to build an American Dream that lives up to our highest ideals.
Occupy Takes On ALEC
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 29, 2012
- Occupy’s latest target: corporations that write their agendas into state laws.
The Undead Pipeline Returns
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 29, 2012
- The Keystone XL pipeline is back, sort of. But will its promoters’ tactics cause a property rights backlash?
Fracking Bans that Can Stand
by Maura Stephensposted Feb 29, 2012
- In New York, judges are standing up for communities’ rights to say no to corporate drilling.
Change Now, Vote Later
by Nathan Schneiderposted Feb 28, 2012
- Political answers will come when we build a network of solidarity and action that pushes on all fronts for a true democracy.
How Much Is That Politician in the Window?
posted Feb 27, 2012
- Sarah van Gelder on a record season of corporate-funded political advertising and what it means for the 99 percent.
By the Numbers: The Myth of the Overtaxed Corporation
by Doug Pibelposted Feb 22, 2012
- For corporations, paying for tax breaks is still the best investment around.
9 Best Strategies to End Corporate Rule
by Doug Pibelposted Feb 21, 2012
- Corporate power is behind the politics of climate denial, Wall Street bailouts, union busting, and media consolidation, to name just a few. But real people have power, too. Here are some of our most successful strategies.
Occupy vs. the Global Race to the Bottom
by John Cavanagh, Robin Broadposted Feb 21, 2012
- Incorporating corporate globalization into the Occupy analysis and agenda.
Rights are for Real People
by Jeffrey D. Clementsposted Feb 20, 2012
- Where the infamous Citizens United decision came from and how to overturn it.