People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
Fracking Bans that Can Stand
by Maura Stephensposted Feb 29, 2012
- In New York, judges are standing up for communities’ rights to say no to corporate drilling.
Change Now, Vote Later
by Nathan Schneiderposted Feb 28, 2012
- Political answers will come when we build a network of solidarity and action that pushes on all fronts for a true democracy.
How Much Is That Politician in the Window?
posted Feb 27, 2012
- Sarah van Gelder on a record season of corporate-funded political advertising and what it means for the 99 percent.
By the Numbers: The Myth of the Overtaxed Corporation
by Doug Pibelposted Feb 22, 2012
- For corporations, paying for tax breaks is still the best investment around.
9 Best Strategies to End Corporate Rule
by Doug Pibelposted Feb 21, 2012
- Corporate power is behind the politics of climate denial, Wall Street bailouts, union busting, and media consolidation, to name just a few. But real people have power, too. Here are some of our most successful strategies.
Occupy vs. the Global Race to the Bottom
by John Cavanagh, Robin Broadposted Feb 21, 2012
- Incorporating corporate globalization into the Occupy analysis and agenda.
Rights are for Real People
by Jeffrey D. Clementsposted Feb 20, 2012
- Where the infamous Citizens United decision came from and how to overturn it.
5 Ways to Make Your Dollars Make Sense
by Michael Shumanposted Feb 14, 2012
- Concerned about Wall Street’s devastating impact on communities? Then invest in yourself—the most local investment of all.
A Separation of Church and Bank
posted Feb 13, 2012
- Video: After Bank of America foreclosed on thousands of homes in their San Jose parish, the members of this Catholic church bid it goodbye—and took $3 million with them.
Organic Farmers Take Monsanto to Court
by April Dávilaposted Feb 12, 2012
- Why hundreds of thousands are seeking protection from the seed giant.
The People’s Media
by Joseph Torresposted Feb 08, 2012
- Public interest groups have waged a spirited campaign to prevent a corporate takeover of the Internet.
A Magna Carta Moment for Internet Freedom
posted Feb 08, 2012
- Video: Why we must fight for our online rights—before they’re sold, legislated, and programmed away.
Big News on Bank Transfers
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 03, 2012
- The Occupy effect? In the last 3 months, Americans switched banks at three times the normal rate.
posted Feb 01, 2012
- Video: Why is the Occupy movement focused on bank deregulation?
The Koch Brothers Exposed
by Oliver Lazenbyposted Feb 01, 2012
- Film Review: How far do the tentacles of the Kochtopus reach? Follow the money with this collection of 13 short films.