7 Ways to Support the Real Job Creator: Main Street
by John Cavanagh, David KortenNov 29, 2011
- Turns out most job creation comes from the 99 percent, not the one percent.
Occupy Wall Street, Beyond Encampments
by Luis Moreno-Caballud, Marina SitrinNov 21, 2011
- As winter arrives and police crack down, how can occupiers keep their movement alive—and help it grow? Veteran activists share lessons from Spain’s Indignados.
Occupy Wall Street to World: This Is So Not Over!
by Olivia RosaneNov 18, 2011
- Two days after being evicted from Zuccotti Park, Occupy Wall Street’s flagship occupation marked its two-month anniversary with a massive celebration of resilience.
This Changes Everything: How the 99% Woke Up
by Sarah van GelderNov 18, 2011
- Introducing the movement that’s shifting our vision of what kind of world is possible—from the new book, “This Changes Everything: Occupy Wall Street and the 99% Movement.”
Occupy A New Conversation
by David KortenNov 16, 2011
- America is a tale of two economies: one serves Wall Street, and the other is accountable to the rest of us. Which one will we choose?
After the Eviction: What’s Next for Occupy Wall Street?
by Nathan SchneiderNov 15, 2011
- What does the Occupy movement do when its flagship occupation is, at least for now, gone?
Protesters Win Pipeline Delay
by Brooke JarvisNov 10, 2011
- How thousands of determined protesters dragged a little-known pipeline into the national spotlight—and convinced the Obama administration to delay its approval.
Ten Ways the Occupy Movement Changes Everything
by Sarah van Gelder, David Korten, Steve PiersantiNov 10, 2011
- Many question whether this movement can really make a difference. The truth is that it is already changing everything. Here’s how.
The Story of Broke
Nov 08, 2011
- Is it true that the U.S. can no longer afford to take care of its residents the way it once did? Annie Leonard takes on the "we're broke" myth in this 8-minute video.
The Great Money Migration
by Mark EnglerNov 07, 2011
- Just how effective was Bank Transfer Day?
Occupy Oakland, in Pictures
Nov 04, 2011
- From rebuilding after a police raid to closing down the nation's fifth largest port, things have been busy at Occupy Oakland.
Oakland and After: Lessons from the General Strike
by Gabriel ThompsonNov 03, 2011
- Media reports focus on the few acts of vandalism and violence, but the majority of occupiers at Oakland’s General Strike succeeded in a peaceful shutdown of Oakland’s banks and port.
Occupy the Banks: Strategies for Transformation
by Gar AlperovitzOct 28, 2011
- Beyond revolution and reform: Gar Alperovitz on how we can fundamentally transform our financial system.
Occupy Oakland Calls General Strike
Oct 27, 2011
- In the wake of police raids in Oakland and the wounding of Marine veteran Scott Olsen, Occupy Oakland is calling a general strike to shut down the city on November 2.
Inside Occupy Oakland
by Dan ArcherOct 27, 2011
- This week, police closed down Occupy Oakland, arresting dozens. Comics journalist Dan Archer visited the encampment before the raid to meet the people behind the occupation.