A Bill of Rights for Occupied Communities
by Jeff Reifman, Thomas LinzeyJan 03, 2012
- A bill of rights that protects people and nature, but not corporations? Your community could be next.
Occupy Wall Street on the Waterfront
by Madeline OstranderDec 14, 2011
- This week, protesters from Anchorage to Los Angeles coordinated a convtroversial mass effort to shut down the West Coast’s ports, “hitting Wall Street where it hurts the most.”
After Durban: Climate Activists Target Corporate Power
by Madeline OstranderDec 13, 2011
- After another disappointing round of UN negotiations, climate justice activists have a new strategy.
Occupy Moves to the Home Front
by Nathan SchneiderDec 08, 2011
- Why the attempt to take on foreclosures directly is our clearest glimpse yet of what Occupy Phase II will look like.
Occupy Economics: Because We’re Teaching It Wrong
Dec 05, 2011
- Does Occupy Wall Street highlight the failures of traditional Econ 101? These economists think so.
We the People vs. Wall Street
by Sarah van GelderDec 02, 2011
- The YES! Magazine editors are planning a new issue focused on practical ways to counter the power of corporations and Wall Street. Can you help?
Jobs Not Cuts: UK Strikes Against Austerity
by Ari BermanDec 01, 2011
- In Britain, two million public sector workers launched the largest strike in three decades.
7 Ways to Support the Real Job Creator: Main Street
by John Cavanagh, David KortenNov 29, 2011
- Turns out most job creation comes from the 99 percent, not the one percent.
Occupy Wall Street, Beyond Encampments
by Luis Moreno-Caballud, Marina SitrinNov 21, 2011
- As winter arrives and police crack down, how can occupiers keep their movement alive—and help it grow? Veteran activists share lessons from Spain’s Indignados.
Occupy Wall Street to World: This Is So Not Over!
by Olivia RosaneNov 18, 2011
- Two days after being evicted from Zuccotti Park, Occupy Wall Street’s flagship occupation marked its two-month anniversary with a massive celebration of resilience.
This Changes Everything: How the 99% Woke Up
by Sarah van GelderNov 18, 2011
- Introducing the movement that’s shifting our vision of what kind of world is possible—from the new book, “This Changes Everything: Occupy Wall Street and the 99% Movement.”
Occupy A New Conversation
by David KortenNov 16, 2011
- America is a tale of two economies: one serves Wall Street, and the other is accountable to the rest of us. Which one will we choose?
After the Eviction: What’s Next for Occupy Wall Street?
by Nathan SchneiderNov 15, 2011
- What does the Occupy movement do when its flagship occupation is, at least for now, gone?
Protesters Win Pipeline Delay
by Brooke JarvisNov 10, 2011
- How thousands of determined protesters dragged a little-known pipeline into the national spotlight—and convinced the Obama administration to delay its approval.
Ten Ways the Occupy Movement Changes Everything
by Sarah van Gelder, David Korten, Steve PiersantiNov 10, 2011
- Many question whether this movement can really make a difference. The truth is that it is already changing everything. Here’s how.