Protesters Win Pipeline Delay
by Brooke JarvisNov 10, 2011
- How thousands of determined protesters dragged a little-known pipeline into the national spotlight—and convinced the Obama administration to delay its approval.
Ten Ways the Occupy Movement Changes Everything
by Sarah van Gelder, David Korten, Steve PiersantiNov 10, 2011
- Many question whether this movement can really make a difference. The truth is that it is already changing everything. Here’s how.
The Story of Broke
Nov 08, 2011
- Is it true that the U.S. can no longer afford to take care of its residents the way it once did? Annie Leonard takes on the "we're broke" myth in this 8-minute video.
The Great Money Migration
by Mark EnglerNov 07, 2011
- Just how effective was Bank Transfer Day?
Occupy Oakland, in Pictures
Nov 04, 2011
- From rebuilding after a police raid to closing down the nation's fifth largest port, things have been busy at Occupy Oakland.
Oakland and After: Lessons from the General Strike
by Gabriel ThompsonNov 03, 2011
- Media reports focus on the few acts of vandalism and violence, but the majority of occupiers at Oakland’s General Strike succeeded in a peaceful shutdown of Oakland’s banks and port.
Occupy the Banks: Strategies for Transformation
by Gar AlperovitzOct 28, 2011
- Beyond revolution and reform: Gar Alperovitz on how we can fundamentally transform our financial system.
Occupy Oakland Calls General Strike
Oct 27, 2011
- In the wake of police raids in Oakland and the wounding of Marine veteran Scott Olsen, Occupy Oakland is calling a general strike to shut down the city on November 2.
Inside Occupy Oakland
by Dan ArcherOct 27, 2011
- This week, police closed down Occupy Oakland, arresting dozens. Comics journalist Dan Archer visited the encampment before the raid to meet the people behind the occupation.
Can't Buy My Vote: Maine’s Fight for Fair Elections
by Brooke JarvisOct 27, 2011
- For more than a decade, a groundbreaking Clean Elections law has helped protect Maine politics from the influence of big money. But what’s happening now that big spenders have free rein to influence elections—and what does it mean for the rest of the country?
Bank Transfer Day: A Guide to Closing Your Account
Oct 25, 2011
- To protest the behavior of big banks, thousands pledged to switch to small credit unions on November 5. It’s not too late to join them by following these steps.
Occupy Wall Street, 1979
by John Cavanagh, Robin BroadOct 25, 2011
- Before there were hashtags, 32 years ago, more than a thousand protesters were arrested for trying to shut Wall Street down for a day ...
How Occupy Wall Street Became Occupy Everywhere
by Nathan SchneiderOct 19, 2011
- The birth of a movement in action: What started as an idea has turned into strongholds of protest all over the world.
Inside Occupy Wall Street’s Nearly Last Night
by Olivia RosaneOct 15, 2011
- What was it like to be in Zuccotti Park in the hours before the owners’ planned eviction of protesters?
10 Ways to Support the Occupy Movement
by Sarah van GelderOct 14, 2011
- There are many things you can do to be part of this growing movement—and only some of them involve sleeping outside.