People We Love: Maria Aguinda
by Oliver LazenbyJul 25, 2011
- An indigenous elder from the Amazon takes Chevron to court.
People We Love: Mahlon Mitchell
by Robert MellingerJul 25, 2011
- A Wisconsin firefighter protests for collective bargaining.
Arrivederci, Water Profiteers
by Daniel MossJul 22, 2011
- “Water is a common good.” Why 96 percent of Italian voters rejected their government’s push for water privatization.
How to Liberate America
by David KortenJul 19, 2011
- How is it that our nation is awash in money, but too broke to provide jobs and services? David Korten introduces a landmark new report, “How to Liberate America from Wall Street Rule.”
Appalachia’s Cry for Help
by Maria Gunnoe, Bo Webb, Mickey McCoy, Chuck Nelson, Bob Kincaid, Vernon HaltomJul 13, 2011
- “We can no longer endure this reckless abuse of our rights, and our lives.” Appalachians appeal for help in the fight against mountaintop removal coal mining.
Standing Up to Corporatism
Jul 12, 2011
- At the second March on Blair Mountain, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. tells the story of America’s long struggle against unchecked corporate power.
5 Protests That Shook the World (With Laughter)
by The Yes MenJul 12, 2011
- Great moments in “laughtivism” from Yes Men Andy Bichlbaum and Mike Bonanno, the guys who duped the BBC, embarrassed Dow Chemical, and mocked Halliburton.
The Next American Revolution?
by David KortenJun 28, 2011
- The current grassroots movement against corporate power can draw inspiration and lessons from the time our American forebears liberated themselves from a British king.
“America Has the Wealth to End the Despair”
by Sarah Anderson, Marlee BlasenheimJun 24, 2011
- Nurses come face-to-face with the fallout of the financial crisis every day. Now they've joined the worldwide movement for a tax that would curb financial speculation—and help fill public needs.
The End of the American Dream?
Jun 24, 2011
- Video: While the rich are getting richer, ordinary people are suffering. How can we bring an end to our "rich takes all" society?
How the Left and Right Can Unite
by David KortenJun 21, 2011
- If we'd stop tearing each other apart, we might see an opportunity to win back our democracy from the rich and powerful.
Two Points for the Tea Party. Now What?
by David KortenJun 16, 2011
- We can all agree that we've got deficit and spending problems. But where do we go from here?
Van Jones: Now is the Time to Protect the American Dream
Jun 16, 2011
- Video: "It's time for the deep patriots to stand up to the cheap patriots." Van Jones' address to Netroots Nation 2011.
Closing Down Coal Plants
by Sarah KuckJun 15, 2011
- Why shutting down 20 boilers nationwide could herald big changes for our energy future.
Our Most Urgent Climate Struggles—And How We Might Win Them
by Bill McKibbenJun 02, 2011
- Bill McKibben: In the mighty struggles beginning between climate activists and the fossil fuel industry, geography is on our side.