Legal Pros Say No to Citizens United
by Jeffrey D. Clements and Ben T. ClementsNov 17, 2010
- Experts call for Constitutional amendment to take back democracy from corporations.
Pittsburgh Bans Natural Gas Drilling
by Mari Margil, Ben PriceNov 16, 2010
- A historic new ordinance bans natural gas drilling while elevating community decision making and the rights of nature over the “rights” associated with corporate personhood.
Boat-to-Table Fishing CSAs Catching On
by Ellen Tyler, Daniel FiresideNov 14, 2010
- Do you know who your fisherman is?
7 Ways to Transform Banking
by Fran KortenNov 11, 2010
- Each of us can help build a resilient financial system that will serve real people in real communities.
After the Campaign Cash, the Backlash
by Brooke JarvisNov 04, 2010
- The 2010 midterm elections—the first since Citizens United opened the floodgates to corporate campaign cash—were the most expensive in history. So what happens next?
Will the Real Voice of Small Business Please Stand Up?
by Stacy MitchellNov 02, 2010
- Small businesses and local chambers are distancing themselves from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s politics.
Pennsylvania Township Declares Freedom from Fracking
by Mari Margil, Ben PriceOct 27, 2010
- Licking, Pennsylvania defies state law by banning corporations from dumping fracking wastewater.
Slavery Goes Public
by Christa HillstromOct 21, 2010
- Are the products you buy tainted by slavery and child labor? A new California law can help you find out.
A Big Surprise for Chevron
Oct 20, 2010
- Hours before the oil giant released its new ad campaign, the Yes Men released their own version.
Making Sense of the Foreclosure Mess
by Doug PibelOct 13, 2010
- Why are mortgage holders suspending foreclosures? And what will happen to homeowners?
How We Brought Down a Dictator
by Bryan Farrell, Eric StonerOct 07, 2010
- 10 years later: A conversation with Srdja Popovic, a leader in the the nonviolent overthrow of Slobodan Milosevic.
In Kenya, Farmers Grow Their Own Way
by Heather Day, Travis EnglishOct 04, 2010
- Thousands of grassroots, African-led efforts are building locally rooted alternatives to the chemical agriculture promoted by the Gates Foundation and Monsanto.
Appalachia Rising for a New Economy
by Brooke JarvisSep 28, 2010
- Appalachian residents are serious about putting a stop to mountaintop removal coal mining—and building a more sustainable economy to take its place.
Corporations Ain’t People: A Musical Protest
Sep 14, 2010
- Video: GLEE-inspired activism for a democracy run by human beings, not corporations.
California Ballot on Global Warming Solutions
by Lynsi BurtonSep 09, 2010
- Citizens argue that generating jobs shouldn't mean derailing climate action.