Tax Day 2011: "The More You Make, The Less You Pay"
by Chuck CollinsApr 15, 2011
- Corporations are dodging taxes, governments are cutting social services, and Americans are fed up. How they're fighting back.
The Budget Agreement: No Occasion for Back-Patting
by Alan W. HousemanApr 11, 2011
- Lawmakers are congratulating themselves for averting government shutdown—but the nation's budget for 2012 is still out of balance.
Jon Stewart: Wait, Who’s Greedy?
Mar 30, 2011
- GE's not paying taxes ... and public employees are the ones we're calling "greedy, parasitic, and selfish?"
The End of Empire
by David KortenMar 28, 2011
- Wall Street’s days are numbered. Ours need not be.
Fighting America’s Corporate Coup D’Etat
by Amy GoodmanMar 17, 2011
- Amy Goodman and Naomi Klein on how Americans across the country are resisting the Shock Doctrine.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari MargilMar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
Wisconsin Awakens a Sleeping Giant
by Sarah van Gelder, Brooke JarvisMar 15, 2011
- Workers across the country are demanding to know why corporations and the wealthy get bailouts and tax breaks while teachers and steel workers bear the burdens of budget crises.
People We Love: Inez Killingsworth
by Alyssa B. JohnsonMar 11, 2011
- How one outspoken resident is helping Cleveland's families keep their homes.
On the Origin of Corporations
by David KortenMar 07, 2011
- How today's Wall Street profiteers follow in the footsteps of the buccaneers and privateers of yesteryear.
US Uncut: Standing Up to Corporate Tax Dodgers
Mar 03, 2011
- Photo essay: "Austerity for us, prosperity for them"—and more signs from US Uncut's 50-city protests of corporate tax avoidance.
War Against the Middle Class
by David KortenMar 01, 2011
- How Wall Street undermined an American ideal and won the class war.
“Do You Pay Your Taxes? Bank of America Doesn’t”
by Chuck CollinsFeb 28, 2011
- The latest from a growing international movement to make corporate tax dodgers pay ... so public services don't have to.
Bigger than Unions, Bigger than Wisconsin
by Micah UetrichtFeb 25, 2011
- How Americans across professions, religions, and states are uniting in opposition to Wisconsin's anti-union bill—and cultivating a movement that reaches far beyond the state border.
More Powerful Than We Know: Interview with Tim DeChristopher
by Brooke JarvisFeb 25, 2011
- Facing jail time for civil disobedience, Tim DeChristopher on why “we have more than enough power” to stop the fossil fuel industry.
Dear Glenn Beck: It’s Not Conspiracy, It’s Courage
by Sarah van GelderFeb 24, 2011
- Glenn Beck thinks the spread of anti-corporate protests is a little too convenient. But this is what happens when ordinary people discover their power.