Real People v. Corporate “People”: The Fight Is On
by Doug PibelMay 27, 2010
- The Supreme Court says corporations can spend as much money as they want on political advertising. Millions of Americans say they've had it.
3 World Water Wins
by Maude Barlow, Anil Naidoo, Meera KarunananthanMay 27, 2010
- Around the world, people are taking control of their water supply.
How Felton, Calif., Achieved Water Independence
by Tara LohanMay 27, 2010
- A tiny Californian town took back its water supply—and your town can too.
People We Love :: Donna Edwards
by Berit AndersonMay 27, 2010
- Standing against corporate power.
Haitian Farmers Refuse Monsanto Hybrid Seeds
by Beverly BellMay 21, 2010
- A coalition of peasant farmers is standing up for food sovereignty.
Marching on K Street to Transform Wall Street
by John CavanaghMay 17, 2010
- To curb Wall Street's power, we need to get our own government back on our side.
The 28th Amendment? Interview with Donna Edwards
by Sarah van GelderMay 14, 2010
- YES! Magazine executive editor Sarah van Gelder spoke to Rep. Donna Edwards about the constitutional amendment Edwards introduced in response to the Citizens United decision.
Fix the Economy, Not Wall Street
by David KortenApr 28, 2010
- Would-be Wall Street regulators aren't asking the right question: How do we create a financial services sector that directs money where it is actually needed?
The Cochabamba Water Revolt, Ten Years Later
by Jim ShultzApr 20, 2010
- Bolivia's historic grassroots victory against Bechtel is a reminder of the power of protest—as well as the importance of less romantic work.
Citizens United: People Strike Back
by Riki Ott, David CobbApr 16, 2010
- How states and people are mobilizing to defend democracy.
5 Ways to Stand Up for Fairer Taxes
by Chuck CollinsApr 12, 2010
- How can we protect public services while stopping the "Great Tax Shift" from corporations and the wealthy to the middle class and small businesses?
Move Your Money and Save
by Stacy MitchellApr 07, 2010
- Big banks don't just undermine local economies—they're bad for your wallet, too.
Goodbye, Granny D
by Rob RichieMar 22, 2010
- Remembering the inspiring life of Doris Haddock, a great-grandmother from New Hampshire who decided, at age 88, to take a stand (and a very long walk) to protect democracy.
Iceland Busts the Banksters
by John NicholsMar 10, 2010
- In a symbolic decision, democracy trumps capital as Icelanders say "no" to big bank bailouts.
Drafting Nature's Constitution
Mar 02, 2010
- Video: Simply regulating pollution will never really stop it. Mari Margil of the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund discusses why we need a fundamental change in the way we use law to protect nature.