People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
The Yes Men Fix the World :: Film Trailer
posted Nov 12, 2009
- Andy Bichlbaum and Mike Bonanno take on the world.
Investing in the Right Relationships
by Colin Beavanposted Nov 11, 2009
- Because we have invested so much in our relationships with corporations, community and familial relationships are weakened—to the point at which they can't provide sustenance when the corporate bond breaks.
Clash on Investment
by Sarah Andersonposted Nov 04, 2009
- Corporations are fighting for the right to sue over government actions—including health, environment, and other public interest regulations—that diminish the value of an investment.
Spokane Considers Community Bill of Rights
by Mari Margilposted Nov 04, 2009
- Thousands of people voted to protect nine basic rights, ranging from the right of the environment to exist and flourish to the rights of residents to have a locally based economy and to determine the future of their neighborhoods.
23 Billion: Where's the Outrage?
by Davey Dposted Oct 27, 2009
- After another round of massive bonuses to the financial industry, Hip Hop historian and activist Davey D wonders where all the protesters are.
Pranksters Fixing the World
by Mark Englerposted Oct 21, 2009
- An interview with Andy Bichlbaum, one of The Yes Men, an infamously daring and creative duo of anti-corporate pranksters.
The Poor as Customers?
posted Sep 18, 2009
- John Harvey reviews Michael Edwards' Just Another Emperor? The Myths and Realities of Philantrocapitalism
Can Europe Pop the U.S. CEO Pay Bubble?
by Sarah Andersonposted Sep 02, 2009
- While the U.S. executives who caused the economic meltdown benefit from bailout money, Europe is stepping forward to cap CEO bonuses.
In Review :: Justicia Now
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted May 07, 2009
- Lisa Garrigues reviews this documentary about Ecuador’s oil wars.
posted Apr 30, 2009
- Justicia Now is a documentary about ChevronTexaco's toxic legacy in the Northern Ecuadorian region of the Amazon rainforest—and the largest environmental class action lawsuit in history.
Signs of Life :: Corporations
by Margit Christenson, Madeline Ostranderposted May 22, 2008
- Towns Rein in Corporate Power; Exxon Faces Court Challenges
Debra Harry Stands Up For Native Knowledge
posted Aug 29, 2007
- Debra Harry Stands Up For Native Knowledge
Taking on Corporate Power
posted Aug 20, 2007
- The stories in YES! Magazine's Stand Up to Corporate Power about the peaceful revolutionaries who have stepped up to challenge corporate dominance.
Darn Right We're Keeping Score
by Zach Kyleposted Aug 09, 2007
- Historical Scorecard of Corporations vs People. Is the bill of rights as much for corporations as it is for real people?
How Powerful? :: Just the Facts
posted Jul 29, 2007
- Just how powerful are corporations anyway? some quick facts