People vs. corporations
Keeping private profits from getting in the way of the public good.
Taking on Corporate Power
posted Aug 20, 2007
- The stories in YES! Magazine's Stand Up to Corporate Power about the peaceful revolutionaries who have stepped up to challenge corporate dominance.
Darn Right We're Keeping Score
by Zach Kyleposted Aug 09, 2007
- Historical Scorecard of Corporations vs People. Is the bill of rights as much for corporations as it is for real people?
How Powerful? :: Just the Facts
posted Jul 29, 2007
- Just how powerful are corporations anyway? some quick facts
Who's Standing Up?
posted Jul 29, 2007
- Look who's standing up to corporate power. David Solnit, Debra Harry, Bill Moyers, Alexia Salvatierra, Leo Gerard, Paula Wolff, Ward Morehouse, and more.
by Jeff Kaplanposted Jul 29, 2007
- Whether the issue is water rights, big-box stores, meddling in local politics, or the taking of citizen's lands, almost every community in the United States - if not the world - is being harmed by excessive corporate power. Strategies of resistance need to invoke the people's right to exercise democratic power over corporations and governments.
by Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknapposted Jul 29, 2007
- In Arcata, California, and the rest of Humboldt County, non-local corporations are banned from politics.
Communities Take Power
by Doug Pibelposted Jul 29, 2007
- Communities across the country are declaring citizens' right and duty to protect their water, land, local economy, and way of life, even if it means taking on the enormous power of corporations. Here are some of the peaceful revolutionaries who have stepped up.
Who Will Rule?
by Michael Marx, Marjorie Kellyposted Jul 29, 2007
- Big corporation have become de facto governments, and the ethic that dominates corporations has come to dominate society. But, citizen movements are proving that we can take on corporate power, and together build a future that works for all life. This article gives hope on how to change the current corporate rule to citizen rule.
Turning Scarcity Into Abundance
by Vandana Shivaposted Dec 31, 2003
- The solution to scarcity is not more mega-projects, more control by giant corporations, or more globalization. The solution to scarcity is more democracy
Whose Voting Machines?
by Doug Pibelposted Dec 31, 2003
- Voting Machine Corporations Controlled by Republicans tied to Bush
Bringing Back Desert Springs
by Gary Nabhanposted Dec 31, 2003
- The Hopi people of the Black Mesa region know how to farm and thrive in the desert Southwest. But a giant coal company is draining the aquifer that feeds their sacred springs and makes their livelihood possible.
WTO Is Anti-Democratic, Anti-People, and Anti-Environment
by David C. Kortenposted Nov 30, 1999
- Guest editorial on the Seattle WTO Protests, aired on KPLU, Tacoma, WA November 1999
Networking the Night Away: on the eve of the WTO
by Fran Kortenposted Nov 30, 1999
- The Positive Futures Network's Reception on Sunday, November 28, on the eve of the World Trade Organization's meeting in Seattle.
Stopping the Big Boxes
by Doug Pibelposted Jun 30, 1999
- stopping Wal-Mart