Film Trailer: Countdown to Zero
Feb 01, 2011
- An estimated 23,000 nuclear weapons exist in the world. Why that number needs to be zero.
The Elephant in the Room at the State of the Union
by Robert ReichJan 26, 2011
- The problem isn't "competitiveness"—it's inequality.
Washington State Joins the Movement for Public Banking
by Ellen BrownJan 24, 2011
- The legislature will consider whether to move its funds from Bank of America to a publicly owned bank that would keep the state's money working locally.
The Not-So-Neutral Net
by Jenn EttingerJan 24, 2011
- The FCC’s new rules on Net Neutrality open the Internet to corporate discrimination. But it’s not too late to preserve Internet freedom.
A Turning Point for Mountaintop Removal?
by Sandra DiazJan 14, 2011
- In an historic move, the EPA has vetoed a permit for mountaintop removal mining in West Virginia.
Don’t Compromise Social Security
by Doug PibelDec 10, 2010
- What the tax compromise could mean for the future of Social Security.
“Let Our Tax Cuts Go”
by Chuck CollinsDec 08, 2010
- Why some wealthy Americans aren’t happy to see their tax cuts continued.
The Road to Real Health
by John de GraafNov 22, 2010
- Health care's just part of the picture. Five policies that would be good for our health, happiness, and wallets.
Victory Bonds for Clean Energy
by Todd LarsenNov 10, 2010
- What if Americans could support a clean energy future the way they once supported the U.S. war effort?
Missing: A Vision of Economic Possibility
by David KortenNov 03, 2010
- This election showed us that neither of our two major parties has a credible vision for our economic future. And that’s why this is a moment of opportunity.
Our Families Can’t Afford to Stay Home on Election Day
by Sarah van GelderOct 27, 2010
- Sure, lots of us are frustrated by the economy, the war, and lack of progress in Washington, D.C. But there’s too much at stake to stay home on election day.
Real Family Values
by Sarah van GelderOct 25, 2010
- 9 progressive policies to support our families.
Foreclosuregate: Time to Break Up the Too-Big-to-Fail Banks?
by Ellen BrownOct 15, 2010
- If risky behavior by big finance threatens economic stability, the financial reform bill allows regulators to break up big banks.
The Small Business Case for Ending Tax Cuts for the Wealthy
by Chuck CollinsOct 14, 2010
- Small business owners, often used as a prop by anti-tax lobbyists, say letting the Bush-era tax cuts expire is a good business decision.
A Powerful Tool to Get Low-Income Voters to the Ballot Box
by Lisa Danetz, Scott NovakowskiSep 20, 2010
- Low-income citizens are often left out of the political process. But by enforcing an already existing law that links voter registration to public assistance programs, we can add millions of voices to democratic decision-making.