Can a People’s Movement Ground U.S. Drones?
by Stuart GlascockDec 18, 2012
- Book Review: Killing by remote control is no game, peace activist Medea Benjamin argues in “Drone Warfare.” We know that drones kill civilians and inflame hatred against the United States—but can we stop them?
Obama’s Grassroots Supporters Demand “Jobs Not Cuts”
by Deepak BhargavaDec 10, 2012
- Obama’s grassroots supporters voted for jobs and social services, not for the budget cuts that Congress is demanding. Now they’re working to make sure that message is not forgotten.
This Inauguration Is Brought to You By...
by Signe PredmoreDec 07, 2012
- Despite widespread petitions and concerns about money in politics, corporations will provide funding for the inauguration of President Barack Obama.
4 Ways to Leap the “Fiscal Cliff” to a Better U.S.A.
by Sarah van GelderDec 07, 2012
- Sarah van Gelder looks beyond the hype about the deficit and finds four ways to balance the books while protecting our health and financial security.
Stacy Mitchell: We Can’t Shop Our Way to a Better Economy
Nov 29, 2012
- Buying local isn’t enough. If we’re going to get our economy back on track, we have to re-center on communities.
We Can Address “Fiscal Cliff” Without Cuts to Social Security
by Democracy Now!Nov 16, 2012
- Democracy Now’s Amy Goodman investigates the issue of the “fiscal cliff” and examines the agenda of some of those advocating for corporate tax relief.
New Ebay Contracts: What’s in the Fine Print?
by Signe PredmoreNov 09, 2012
- Ebay’s new contracts require users to compose a letter and snail-mail it to them in order to retain the right to make legal claims against the site. Find out how, why, and what you can do about it.
Five Things to Watch for in Obama’s Second Term
by Fran KortenNov 07, 2012
- The devil’s in the details, but so are the angels. Here are five things on Obama’s agenda you’ll want to keep an eye on—and get active in, too.
Winona LaDuke: Why I’m Voting for Obama
by Winona LaDukeNov 06, 2012
- First Nations author and activist Winona LaDuke ran for vice president twice on the Green Party ticket. Here’s why she’s supporting Barack Obama this time around.
Under Obama, Social Justice Campaigners Have Better Chances
by Mark EnglerNov 06, 2012
- Many of those who supported Barack Obama four years ago have been disappointed by his presidency. But recent history shows that campaigns for social justice do better under centrist presidents than under conservative ones.
GMOs at the Polls: 7 Things to Tell Your Friends Before Election Day
by Frances Moore LappeNov 02, 2012
- Americans are the world’s GMO guinea pigs, say Frances Moore Lappé and Anna Lappé. But California’s ballot initiative on labeling GMO foods would give everyone the choice to change that for themselves.
12 Ways You Can Safeguard Your Vote
by Fran Korten, Doug Pibel, Paul MozurNov 02, 2012
- Election Day is right around the corner. Here are a dozen tips to make sure your vote is counted.
Rapper 2 Chainz: Ex-Felons Can Get Their Voting Rights Back
Oct 31, 2012
- One the biggest voting myths is that those with felonies on their record have lost the right to vote forever. Here’s how you can get re-enfranchised.
Occupy Wall Street’s Next Move: Bailing Out the People, One at a Time
by Yates McKeeOct 31, 2012
- The debt resisters of Occupy Wall Street mobilize arts, education, and media for a “People’s Bailout.”
At Third Party Debate, a Focus on Issues Left Out of Mainstream
by James TrimarcoOct 24, 2012
- Larry King moderated the lively discussion between four alternative-party candidates, which focused on issues that Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have avoided.