Government of, by, and for the people.
Same-Sex Marriage Brings Healing to Me—and My Tribe
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 10, 2012
- Heather Purser set out to win gay marriage rights within the Suquamish Tribe and found herself on a personal journey toward self-acceptance.
Move Our Money Month
posted May 09, 2012
- Still haven’t moved your money out of Wall Street?
A Vision of America the Possible
by Gus Spethposted May 08, 2012
- Gus Speth imagines a compelling vision of a better, happier country—and how to make it possible.
May Day Makes Waves in Seattle
by Ayla Harbinposted May 07, 2012
- Photo Essay: Hip hop rallies, immigrant marches, and ... Grandmothers Against Bullshit?
No News is Bad News for Nonprofit Journalism
by Josh Stearnsposted May 03, 2012
- Nonprofit news organizations are winning awards and covering issues mainstream media doesn’t, so why is the IRS clamping down on nonprofit media?
May Day and the Revolution of Everyday Life
by Marina Sitrinposted May 02, 2012
- Marina Sitrin offers her take on the May Day actions in New York.
Special Coverage: May Day!
posted May 01, 2012
- An independent movement deserves independent media. Click on the player to watch live television coverage on Free Speech TV. Click on the interactive map to see live updates on actions and arrests throughout the nation. And follow additional breaking news through our feed below.
What Would Real Voting Reform Look Like?
by Elisabeth Gennposted Apr 20, 2012
- We have to do more than block bad laws. We need real voting reform to expand the franchise for the 21st century.
A May Day Like No Other
by Nathan Schneiderposted Apr 17, 2012
- What to expect from Occupy’s next big action.
No Tax Dollars for Deadbeats
by Doug Pibelposted Apr 16, 2012
- With corporations spending millions to dodge taxes, we’re directing our tax resentment at the wrong people.
What to Make of the ALEC Exodus
by Brooke Jarvisposted Apr 13, 2012
- What the corporate departures mean—and don’t.
How to Fix Health Care Without the Mandate
by Sarah van Gelderposted Apr 06, 2012
- Why truly affordable care means single-payer.
No More Handouts to Big Oil
by Bill McKibbenposted Apr 05, 2012
- Bill McKibben’s five rules of the road for reforming fossil fuel subsidies.
4 Ways to Flex Our Electoral Muscles
by Brooke Jarvisposted Apr 03, 2012
- What we can do right now to strengthen our democracy.
When Bankers Rule the World
by David Kortenposted Mar 29, 2012
- How we can call out the myths, restructure the banking system, shut down the con game, and take back America.