Government of, by, and for the people.
“Social Security is Broke”—and Other Corporate Scare Tactics
by Lisa Gravesposted Mar 19, 2012
- For years, corporations have been peddling myths to rally us behind their interests. Here are three things everyone “knows,” and why they're wrong.
Time to Rediscover Poverty
by Barbara Ehrenreichposted Mar 15, 2012
- Barbara Ehrenreich: A new and more accurate understanding of American poverty is long overdue.
Preventing the Fall of Rome
by Gar Alperovitzposted Mar 14, 2012
- Gar Alperovitz: Why transformative change to the economic system is needed and how it might be accomplished.
Special Weapons for Fighting Giants
by Robert Weissmanposted Mar 14, 2012
- Revoke their charters, and other legal tools to hold corporations accountable to our laws.
Our House, In the Middle of the Bank
posted Mar 13, 2012
- Video: What can you do when the bank takes away your house? Move into theirs.
Europe Bans Export of Death Penalty Drugs
by Jennifer Kayeposted Mar 13, 2012
- The EU makes a bold move towards the abolition of executions everywhere.
One Million in Wisconsin Want Recall
by Valerie Schloredtposted Mar 13, 2012
- How a grassroots coalition convinced more than a million voters to challenge their state's controversial governor.
Vermont Votes to Overturn Citizens United
by Brooke Jarvisposted Mar 08, 2012
- From town meetings to the state legislature, Vermont is sending a strong message on corporate involvement in politics.
How to Cover Everyone: Vermont’s Single-Payer Success
by Amy Gluckmanposted Mar 06, 2012
- The state’s progressive health care model has already bolstered campaigns in more than 20 other places.
Nurses Fight for a Dose of Tax Justice
by Sarah Andersonposted Mar 06, 2012
- Before there was Occupy, thousands of nurses were already taking on Wall Street to demand a financial transaction tax.
Occupy Takes On ALEC
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 29, 2012
- Occupy’s latest target: corporations that write their agendas into state laws.
Now, Let’s Occupy the Ballot
by Van Jonesposted Feb 28, 2012
- During election season, all eyes turn to politics. How do we ensure that the interests of the 99 percent are represented in the halls of power?
Change Now, Vote Later
by Nathan Schneiderposted Feb 28, 2012
- Political answers will come when we build a network of solidarity and action that pushes on all fronts for a true democracy.
How Much Is That Politician in the Window?
posted Feb 27, 2012
- Sarah van Gelder on a record season of corporate-funded political advertising and what it means for the 99 percent.
Is It Time to Occupy the Commons?
by Alexa Bradleyposted Feb 27, 2012
- A report from the Occupy Wall Street Forum on the Commons.