Government of, by, and for the people.
Rio+20: A Defining Choice
by David Kortenposted Jun 15, 2012
- How can we create an economy that serves the health and well-being of both people and the planet? Follow the Earth’s lead.
10 Things You Should Know About the Rio+20 Earth Summit
by Janet Redmanposted Jun 14, 2012
- Will we turn environmental protection into a game of profit? What you need to know about the global gathering.
Redefining Radical: Catholic Nuns Vs. the Vatican
by Mark Englerposted Jun 14, 2012
- Chastised for sticking up for social justice, a group of nuns is pushing back against the Vatican.
Homes That Survived the Crash
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 13, 2012
- While Wall Street players used home finance to make mega-profits for the 1 percent, local banks and community land trusts got people into decent, secure, affordable homes.
Wisconsin’s Uprising: It’s Not Over
by Andy Krollposted Jun 11, 2012
- The recall failed. So what’s next for the Cheddar Revolution?
Use the People’s Veto to End Citizens United
by Fran Kortenposted Jun 08, 2012
- Widespread, multi-sector activism is exactly what is needed to amend the constitution.
Canada’s Music of Protest
by Ian MacKenzieposted Jun 07, 2012
- All over Canada, protesters in solidarity with the students of Quebec are making noise with their pots, pans, and conversations about the society they want.
World to Wisconsin: We’re With You
posted Jun 05, 2012
- Activists around the world sent statements of solidarity to Wisconsin's protesters.
Dear Bank of America, We’re Not Leaving Our Homes
by Amy B. Deanposted Jun 05, 2012
- The fight against unjust evictions just got fiercer as the national Occupy movement joins forces with community anti-foreclosure groups.
From Sitting In to Taking Over: A Worker-Owned Cooperative at Republic Windows and Doors
by Yana Kunichoffposted Jun 04, 2012
- Once a symbol of worker mistreatment and the failures of the financial system, the famous Chicago factory may soon be run cooperatively by its workers.
Quebec’s Student Revolt Goes Viral
by Mark Englerposted May 29, 2012
- Inside the biggest demonstration of civil disobedience in Canadian history.
The Rise of the New Economy Movement
by Gar Alperovitzposted May 23, 2012
- There’s economic reform, and then there’s economic transformation. How entrepreneurs, activists, and theorists are laying the groundwork for a very different economy.
Creating Change is the People’s Job
by Deepak Bhargavaposted May 23, 2012
- We—not just the president—have to be the agents of change in our society. How do we extend our electoral organizing beyond the elections?
Fighting Foreclosure Together
by Laura Gottesdienerposted May 21, 2012
- The demand for housing justice is bringing activists from different ideologies together to fight—and win—against foreclosures.
Endowment Activism: How Students Can Move Big Money
by Martha van Gelderposted May 17, 2012
- Think broke students have no power to influence Wall Street? Think again.