Government of, by, and for the people.
The Rise of the New Economy Movement
by Gar Alperovitzposted May 23, 2012
- There’s economic reform, and then there’s economic transformation. How entrepreneurs, activists, and theorists are laying the groundwork for a very different economy.
Creating Change is the People’s Job
by Deepak Bhargavaposted May 23, 2012
- We—not just the president—have to be the agents of change in our society. How do we extend our electoral organizing beyond the elections?
Fighting Foreclosure Together
by Laura Gottesdienerposted May 21, 2012
- The demand for housing justice is bringing activists from different ideologies together to fight—and win—against foreclosures.
Endowment Activism: How Students Can Move Big Money
by Martha van Gelderposted May 17, 2012
- Think broke students have no power to influence Wall Street? Think again.
Spanish Indignados Return to City Squares
by Ter Garciaposted May 15, 2012
- Tens of thousands celebrated the 15M movement’s birthday in cities across Spain.
North Carolina’s Fight for Marriage Equality Continues
by Sue Sturgisposted May 15, 2012
- In the wake of North Carolina’s new amendment banning same-sex marriage, couples across the state are protesting by requesting marriage licenses.
Bank of America, Bad for America
posted May 11, 2012
- Video: Protesters take on Bank of America in New York.
Same-Sex Marriage Brings Healing to Me—and My Tribe
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 10, 2012
- Heather Purser set out to win gay marriage rights within the Suquamish Tribe and found herself on a personal journey toward self-acceptance.
Move Our Money Month
posted May 09, 2012
- Still haven’t moved your money out of Wall Street?
A Vision of America the Possible
by Gus Spethposted May 08, 2012
- Gus Speth imagines a compelling vision of a better, happier country—and how to make it possible.
May Day Makes Waves in Seattle
by Ayla Harbinposted May 07, 2012
- Photo Essay: Hip hop rallies, immigrant marches, and ... Grandmothers Against Bullshit?
No News is Bad News for Nonprofit Journalism
by Josh Stearnsposted May 03, 2012
- Nonprofit news organizations are winning awards and covering issues mainstream media doesn’t, so why is the IRS clamping down on nonprofit media?
May Day and the Revolution of Everyday Life
by Marina Sitrinposted May 02, 2012
- Marina Sitrin offers her take on the May Day actions in New York.
Special Coverage: May Day!
posted May 01, 2012
- An independent movement deserves independent media. Click on the player to watch live television coverage on Free Speech TV. Click on the interactive map to see live updates on actions and arrests throughout the nation. And follow additional breaking news through our feed below.
What Would Real Voting Reform Look Like?
by Elisabeth Gennposted Apr 20, 2012
- We have to do more than block bad laws. We need real voting reform to expand the franchise for the 21st century.