GMOs at the Polls: 7 Things to Tell Your Friends Before Election Day
by Frances Moore LappeNov 02, 2012
- Americans are the world’s GMO guinea pigs, say Frances Moore Lappé and Anna Lappé. But California’s ballot initiative on labeling GMO foods would give everyone the choice to change that for themselves.
12 Ways You Can Safeguard Your Vote
by Fran Korten, Doug Pibel, Paul MozurNov 02, 2012
- Election Day is right around the corner. Here are a dozen tips to make sure your vote is counted.
Rapper 2 Chainz: Ex-Felons Can Get Their Voting Rights Back
Oct 31, 2012
- One the biggest voting myths is that those with felonies on their record have lost the right to vote forever. Here’s how you can get re-enfranchised.
Occupy Wall Street’s Next Move: Bailing Out the People, One at a Time
by Yates McKeeOct 31, 2012
- The debt resisters of Occupy Wall Street mobilize arts, education, and media for a “People’s Bailout.”
At Third Party Debate, a Focus on Issues Left Out of Mainstream
by James TrimarcoOct 24, 2012
- Larry King moderated the lively discussion between four alternative-party candidates, which focused on issues that Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have avoided.
Mr. Schieffer, Ask the Candidates: “Where Do You Stand on Climate Change?”
by Allison FisherOct 22, 2012
- Climate change is a national security issue, and it must be discussed during tonight’s third and final debate between President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney.
Mitt Romney’s Health Care Plan Won’t Fix Our Budgets—Or Our Bodies
by Madeline OstranderOct 19, 2012
- According to Republican candidates Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, letting consumers make choices in the market will bring down health care costs. YES! Senior Editor Madeline Ostrander shows why that’s not the cure we’re after.
Why “No Impact Man” Colin Beavan Is Running for Congress
by Madeline OstranderOct 19, 2012
- In this interview, Colin Beavan speaks with YES! Senior Editor Madeline Ostrander about the goals, strategies, and platform behind his run for Congress in New York.
Green Party’s Jill Stein: A Missing Voice in Presidential Debates
by Sarah van GelderOct 17, 2012
- The Green Party wasn’t represented at Tuesday’s presidential debate. Here’s what we might have heard if Jill Stein had gotten her say.
Lawmakers Get Graded on Equality Record
by Chuck CollinsOct 09, 2012
- How do your representatives stack up when it comes to voting on policy that helps—or hinders—economic equality? Before you go to the polls, check out the Congressional Report Card for the 99%
Book Review: “99 to 1” by Chuck Collins
by Scott GastOct 09, 2012
- Inside the wealth gap that’s wrecking the world—and what we can do about it.
Julie Erfle: Unlikely Advocate for Immigration Reform
Oct 08, 2012
- Instead of turning against undocumented immigrants after her husband's killing, this journalist chose to work for positive policy reform.
One Billion Rising
Sep 24, 2012
- Eve Ensler has said that nothing is more important than stopping violence against women. Her new short film encourages us to rise up do just that.
Is an End to the Death Penalty in Sight?
by Laura MoyeSep 21, 2012
- What’s the good news about the troubling practice of execution in the U.S.? We’re already abolishing it, state by state.
3 Ways to Make Your Vote Count in a Money-Soaked Election
by Fran KortenSep 19, 2012
- Your favored candidates may be outspent, but if they out-organize, they may be able to prevail.