Government of, by, and for the people.
People We Love: Mahlon Mitchell
by Robert Mellingerposted Jul 25, 2011
- A Wisconsin firefighter protests for collective bargaining.
What About the People’s Budget?
by Katrina vanden Heuvelposted Jul 21, 2011
- There are better—and more fair—budget ideas out there. Why aren’t they being heeded?
The American Dream, Reloaded
posted Jul 20, 2011
- It's happening: The movement to rebuild the dream means owning our stories about how it went wrong—and finding our own ways to make it right.
How to Liberate America
by David Kortenposted Jul 19, 2011
- How is it that our nation is awash in money, but too broke to provide jobs and services? David Korten introduces a landmark new report, “How to Liberate America from Wall Street Rule.”
Climate Regulations a Job Killer? Quit Crying Wolf
by Donald Cohenposted Jul 11, 2011
- Over and over, the regulations that the Chamber of Commerce says will be catastrophic have become the basic safeguards we take for granted.
Better Policies Without the Politics
by Aaron Contorerposted Jul 07, 2011
- Regional policy centers show promise as a new model for driving change.
When the People Lead, the Leaders Follow
by David Kortenposted Jul 01, 2011
- Deep change is possible, but only when a politically aware citizenry demands it.
A Green Dream Deferred?
by 99problems.orgposted Jun 18, 2011
- Cornel West, Malia Lazu, and more on what the green movement would look like if Van Jones were still in the White House.
Two Points for the Tea Party. Now What?
by David Kortenposted Jun 16, 2011
- We can all agree that we've got deficit and spending problems. But where do we go from here?
Van Jones: Now is the Time to Protect the American Dream
posted Jun 16, 2011
- Video: "It's time for the deep patriots to stand up to the cheap patriots." Van Jones' address to Netroots Nation 2011.
Communities Push Back on Fracking
by James Trimarcoposted Jun 15, 2011
- Gaining ground in the fight against controversial natural gas extraction.
Closing Down Coal Plants
by Sarah Kuckposted Jun 15, 2011
- Why shutting down 20 boilers nationwide could herald big changes for our energy future.
Preventing Sexual Assault
by Selena Shenposted Jun 15, 2011
- Freedom from harassment is part of students' right to an equal education.
Mapping Uncharted Economic Waters
by David Kortenposted Jun 14, 2011
- We're trying to fix a failed economic system with the same thinking that caused the failure. We can make different choices and we must prepare ourselves to do so.
No More Budget Cuts Without Tax Fairness
by Chuck Collinsposted Jun 09, 2011
- 10 years on, the Bush tax cuts are a disaster—and we're contemplating more tax breaks for the wealthy. How can we stop the madness?