Inside Occupy Oakland
by Dan ArcherOct 27, 2011
- This week, police closed down Occupy Oakland, arresting dozens. Comics journalist Dan Archer visited the encampment before the raid to meet the people behind the occupation.
Can't Buy My Vote: Maine’s Fight for Fair Elections
by Brooke JarvisOct 27, 2011
- For more than a decade, a groundbreaking Clean Elections law has helped protect Maine politics from the influence of big money. But what’s happening now that big spenders have free rein to influence elections—and what does it mean for the rest of the country?
Where Does Occupy Go From Here?
Oct 26, 2011
- Video: #OccupyWallStreet set something in motion that will continue in ways we can't predict.
Occupy Wall Street, 1979
by John Cavanagh, Robin BroadOct 25, 2011
- Before there were hashtags, 32 years ago, more than a thousand protesters were arrested for trying to shut Wall Street down for a day ...
Weathering Walker's Storm: Staying Positive in Wisconsin
by Jean AbreuOct 25, 2011
- Jean Abreu talks candidly about Wisconsin Governor Walker's legislation, and how her school community in Wisconsin pulled together to protect what they worked so hard to create.
Montana Looks North for Health Care That Works
by Rebecca LeisherOct 21, 2011
- To create universal care, Governor Brian Schweitzer is taking a hint from Saskatchewan—where the people live longer and it costs less, too.
A Jubilee for Student Debt?
by Ellen BrownOct 20, 2011
- Some—including Wall Street protesters—say relieving students of nearly a trillion dollars in loans will help the rest of us, too. Ellen Brown asks, could it really work?
A Movement to Make Our Leaders Listen
by Jonathan Matthew SmuckerOct 18, 2011
- When old ladies in Iowa share the same concerns as kids on the street in Manhattan, it’s time those in power took note.
10 Ways to Support the Occupy Movement
by Sarah van GelderOct 14, 2011
- There are many things you can do to be part of this growing movement—and only some of them involve sleeping outside.
Turning Occupation into Lasting Change
by Thomas Linzey, Jeff ReifmanOct 14, 2011
- Is the Occupy movement an opportunity to transform the legal structures that give corporations their power over the rest of us?
The 99 Percent: Why We Protest
Oct 13, 2011
- Video: Thousands of ordinary people have shown up from all around the country to support #OccupyWallStreet. Who are they?
Gold or Water: The Fight Goes on in El Salvador
by Robin Broad, John CavanaghOct 10, 2011
- With the eyes of the world on mass protests against corporate control of governments, El Salvador debates a new ban on gold mining.
Declaration of the Occupation of New York City
Oct 04, 2011
- In their own words, why protesters are occupying Wall Street.
This Week, Take Back The American Dream
Oct 03, 2011
- Watch Free Speech TV’s live coverage of the Take Back the American Dream conference in Washington D.C.
Lessons from a Surprise Bike Town
by Jay WalljasperSep 28, 2011
- How snowy Minneapolis beat out Portland for the title of best bike city in America.