Government of, by, and for the people.
Closing Down Coal Plants
by Sarah Kuckposted Jun 15, 2011
- Why shutting down 20 boilers nationwide could herald big changes for our energy future.
Preventing Sexual Assault
by Selena Shenposted Jun 15, 2011
- Freedom from harassment is part of students' right to an equal education.
Mapping Uncharted Economic Waters
by David Kortenposted Jun 14, 2011
- We're trying to fix a failed economic system with the same thinking that caused the failure. We can make different choices and we must prepare ourselves to do so.
No More Budget Cuts Without Tax Fairness
by Chuck Collinsposted Jun 09, 2011
- 10 years on, the Bush tax cuts are a disaster—and we're contemplating more tax breaks for the wealthy. How can we stop the madness?
Restoring Lives: Now That’s Justice
by Patrice Gainesposted Jun 08, 2011
- Forty years since prison, Patrice Gaines still fights to get free.
Ban the Box for a Fair Chance
by Aaron Tanakaposted Jun 08, 2011
- Breaking through "tough on crime" policies to give all Americans a chance at employment.
Think Outside the Bars
by Michelle Alexanderposted Jun 08, 2011
- Why real justice means fewer prisons.
Instead of Prison
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 03, 2011
- 2.3 million people behind bars. How to stop wasting lives and money.
A Fair Tax on Millionaires
by Mark Englerposted Jun 01, 2011
- In a time of budget crises, debunking the arguments against taxing the very, very rich.
A Peaceful End to the War on Drugs?
by Rebecca Leisherposted May 27, 2011
- The international war on drugs isn't stopping drug use or trafficking—but it is ruining lives. Drug policy expert Sanho Tree on what we can do differently.
“The Single-Payer Train Has Left the Station”
posted May 25, 2011
- Wendell Potter, a health insurance executive-turned-critic, on what Vermont's new law could mean for American health care.
Give Us Our Law Back: Montana Fights to Stop Corporate Corruption
by Gwen Stowe, Jeff Clementsposted May 24, 2011
- For nearly 100 years, Montana law prohibited corporate money in politics. Then came the Citizens United decision.
What a Public Bank Could Mean for California
by Ellen Brownposted May 16, 2011
- What the indebted state could gain from moving its money out of Wall Street.
How Can We Solve the Jobs Crisis?
by Sarah van Gelderposted May 10, 2011
- Targeting workers, the unemployed, and public services won't do it. Help us find the solutions that will.
The Public Library Manifesto
by David Morrisposted May 06, 2011
- Why libraries matter, and how we can save them.