Van Jones: Now is the Time to Protect the American Dream
Jun 16, 2011
- Video: "It's time for the deep patriots to stand up to the cheap patriots." Van Jones' address to Netroots Nation 2011.
Communities Push Back on Fracking
by James TrimarcoJun 15, 2011
- Gaining ground in the fight against controversial natural gas extraction.
Closing Down Coal Plants
by Sarah KuckJun 15, 2011
- Why shutting down 20 boilers nationwide could herald big changes for our energy future.
Preventing Sexual Assault
by Selena ShenJun 15, 2011
- Freedom from harassment is part of students' right to an equal education.
Mapping Uncharted Economic Waters
by David KortenJun 14, 2011
- We're trying to fix a failed economic system with the same thinking that caused the failure. We can make different choices and we must prepare ourselves to do so.
No More Budget Cuts Without Tax Fairness
by Chuck CollinsJun 09, 2011
- 10 years on, the Bush tax cuts are a disaster—and we're contemplating more tax breaks for the wealthy. How can we stop the madness?
Restoring Lives: Now That’s Justice
by Patrice GainesJun 08, 2011
- Forty years since prison, Patrice Gaines still fights to get free.
Ban the Box for a Fair Chance
by Aaron TanakaJun 08, 2011
- Breaking through "tough on crime" policies to give all Americans a chance at employment.
Think Outside the Bars
by Michelle AlexanderJun 08, 2011
- Why real justice means fewer prisons.
Instead of Prison
by Sarah van GelderJun 03, 2011
- 2.3 million people behind bars. How to stop wasting lives and money.
A Fair Tax on Millionaires
by Mark EnglerJun 01, 2011
- In a time of budget crises, debunking the arguments against taxing the very, very rich.
A Peaceful End to the War on Drugs?
by Rebecca LeisherMay 27, 2011
- The international war on drugs isn't stopping drug use or trafficking—but it is ruining lives. Drug policy expert Sanho Tree on what we can do differently.
“The Single-Payer Train Has Left the Station”
May 25, 2011
- Wendell Potter, a health insurance executive-turned-critic, on what Vermont's new law could mean for American health care.
Give Us Our Law Back: Montana Fights to Stop Corporate Corruption
by Gwen Stowe, Jeff ClementsMay 24, 2011
- For nearly 100 years, Montana law prohibited corporate money in politics. Then came the Citizens United decision.
What a Public Bank Could Mean for California
by Ellen BrownMay 16, 2011
- What the indebted state could gain from moving its money out of Wall Street.