Montana Looks North for Health Care That Works
by Rebecca LeisherOct 21, 2011
- To create universal care, Governor Brian Schweitzer is taking a hint from Saskatchewan—where the people live longer and it costs less, too.
A Jubilee for Student Debt?
by Ellen BrownOct 20, 2011
- Some—including Wall Street protesters—say relieving students of nearly a trillion dollars in loans will help the rest of us, too. Ellen Brown asks, could it really work?
A Movement to Make Our Leaders Listen
by Jonathan Matthew SmuckerOct 18, 2011
- When old ladies in Iowa share the same concerns as kids on the street in Manhattan, it’s time those in power took note.
10 Ways to Support the Occupy Movement
by Sarah van GelderOct 14, 2011
- There are many things you can do to be part of this growing movement—and only some of them involve sleeping outside.
Turning Occupation into Lasting Change
by Thomas Linzey, Jeff ReifmanOct 14, 2011
- Is the Occupy movement an opportunity to transform the legal structures that give corporations their power over the rest of us?
The 99 Percent: Why We Protest
Oct 13, 2011
- Video: Thousands of ordinary people have shown up from all around the country to support #OccupyWallStreet. Who are they?
Gold or Water: The Fight Goes on in El Salvador
by Robin Broad, John CavanaghOct 10, 2011
- With the eyes of the world on mass protests against corporate control of governments, El Salvador debates a new ban on gold mining.
Declaration of the Occupation of New York City
Oct 04, 2011
- In their own words, why protesters are occupying Wall Street.
This Week, Take Back The American Dream
Oct 03, 2011
- Watch Free Speech TV’s live coverage of the Take Back the American Dream conference in Washington D.C.
Lessons from a Surprise Bike Town
by Jay WalljasperSep 28, 2011
- How snowy Minneapolis beat out Portland for the title of best bike city in America.
Time to Stop the Real Reefer Madness
by Laura CarlsenSep 16, 2011
- Since its inception, the War on Drugs has cost millions of dollars and thousands of lives. The civilians caught in the crossfire say it’s time for change.
The Path to Real Prosperity
by David KortenSep 07, 2011
- Step by step we can reclaim for Main Street the economic and political power that Wall Street now holds and create a world that truly works for all.
“We Can Change History”
Sep 07, 2011
- Video: Two weeks and 1,252 arrests later—how a committed group of activists made an oil pipeline an international issue.
Putting Corporate Tax Dodging on the Table
by Chuck CollinsSep 02, 2011
- In this time of austerity, major corporations are spending more on CEO pay and Congressional lobbying than they’re paying the IRS. How we can make them pay up.
Bring Our War Dollars Home
by Oliver LazenbySep 01, 2011
- U.S. Mayors: In order to build up jobs, we have to draw down troops.