Government of, by, and for the people.
What a Public Bank Could Mean for California
by Ellen Brownposted May 16, 2011
- What the indebted state could gain from moving its money out of Wall Street.
How Can We Solve the Jobs Crisis?
by Sarah van Gelderposted May 10, 2011
- Targeting workers, the unemployed, and public services won't do it. Help us find the solutions that will.
The Public Library Manifesto
by David Morrisposted May 06, 2011
- Why libraries matter, and how we can save them.
My First Vote
posted May 06, 2011
- "I was overjoyed when I got my voter registration card. I was a real citizen!" Ex-offenders on reclaiming the human right to vote.
What the “We’re Not Broke” Backlash Means for the Climate
by Tom Athanasiouposted Apr 29, 2011
- What do the deficit, budget, and tax battles now raging across America and Europe have to do with solving climate change? More than you think.
Vermont’s Bill: Is it Single-Payer Health Care?
by Ida Hellander, MDposted Apr 27, 2011
- A question and answer session with Dr. Ida Hellander helps demystify Vermont's new health care bill.
A Student Uprising in Arizona
by Jeff Biggersposted Apr 27, 2011
- In Tucson, lawmakers want to cut ethnic studies programs. But they'll have to unchain these students first.
Power Shift: How the Youth Climate Movement is Changing the Game
by Sarah van Gelderposted Apr 22, 2011
- In the fight for the climate, students are leading the way— Sarah van Gelder interviews Jessy Tolkan at Power Shift 2011.
The Law of Mother Earth: Behind Bolivia’s Historic Bill
by Nick Buxtonposted Apr 21, 2011
- A new law expected to pass in Bolivia mandates a fundamental ecological reorientation of the nation's economy and society.
A Message from the Gulf: It’s Not Over
by Cherri Foytlinposted Apr 20, 2011
- A year after the BP oil spill, Cherri Foytlin walked 1,243 miles to send a message: this disaster is far from over.
What If Your President’s Just Not That Into You?
by Bill McKibbenposted Apr 15, 2011
- Bill McKibben: Because reality reality trumps political reality, we need Obama to show strong climate leadership now.
Tax Day 2011: "The More You Make, The Less You Pay"
by Chuck Collinsposted Apr 15, 2011
- Corporations are dodging taxes, governments are cutting social services, and Americans are fed up. How they're fighting back.
What’s So Special About Humans?
by James Trimarcoposted Apr 13, 2011
- We take for granted that humans have rights. Courts say corporations do, too. Now, there’s growing interest in rights for Nature and animals.
The Moral Case for Change
by Gara LaMarcheposted Apr 12, 2011
- It’s time to put the moral life back into our philanthropy and politics.
The Budget Agreement: No Occasion for Back-Patting
by Alan W. Housemanposted Apr 11, 2011
- Lawmakers are congratulating themselves for averting government shutdown—but the nation's budget for 2012 is still out of balance.