The Best Bills of 2011
by Progressive States NetworkAug 12, 2011
- Dig beneath the gloom: 13 positive, progressive state bills that could turn things around in the years to come.
The Bookstore After Borders: Protecting Creativity from Consolidation
by Stacy MitchellAug 01, 2011
- From books to music, why retail consolidation is bad news for creativity—and what can be done about it.
People We Love: Mahlon Mitchell
by Robert MellingerJul 25, 2011
- A Wisconsin firefighter protests for collective bargaining.
What About the People’s Budget?
by Katrina vanden HeuvelJul 21, 2011
- There are better—and more fair—budget ideas out there. Why aren’t they being heeded?
The American Dream, Reloaded
Jul 20, 2011
- It's happening: The movement to rebuild the dream means owning our stories about how it went wrong—and finding our own ways to make it right.
How to Liberate America
by David KortenJul 19, 2011
- How is it that our nation is awash in money, but too broke to provide jobs and services? David Korten introduces a landmark new report, “How to Liberate America from Wall Street Rule.”
Climate Regulations a Job Killer? Quit Crying Wolf
by Donald CohenJul 11, 2011
- Over and over, the regulations that the Chamber of Commerce says will be catastrophic have become the basic safeguards we take for granted.
Better Policies Without the Politics
by Aaron ContorerJul 07, 2011
- Regional policy centers show promise as a new model for driving change.
When the People Lead, the Leaders Follow
by David KortenJul 01, 2011
- Deep change is possible, but only when a politically aware citizenry demands it.
A Green Dream Deferred?
by 99problems.orgJun 18, 2011
- Cornel West, Malia Lazu, and more on what the green movement would look like if Van Jones were still in the White House.
Two Points for the Tea Party. Now What?
by David KortenJun 16, 2011
- We can all agree that we've got deficit and spending problems. But where do we go from here?
Van Jones: Now is the Time to Protect the American Dream
Jun 16, 2011
- Video: "It's time for the deep patriots to stand up to the cheap patriots." Van Jones' address to Netroots Nation 2011.
Communities Push Back on Fracking
by James TrimarcoJun 15, 2011
- Gaining ground in the fight against controversial natural gas extraction.
Closing Down Coal Plants
by Sarah KuckJun 15, 2011
- Why shutting down 20 boilers nationwide could herald big changes for our energy future.
Preventing Sexual Assault
by Selena ShenJun 15, 2011
- Freedom from harassment is part of students' right to an equal education.