Government of, by, and for the people.
Young Voters: Don’t Write Them Off
by Rob "Biko" Bakerposted Mar 30, 2011
- Why anyone who believes that under-30 Americans aren’t tuned in to the future and ready to act is fooling themselves.
The UK’s March for an Alternative to Austerity
by D.D. Guttenplanposted Mar 28, 2011
- More than 400,000 people poured into London's streets Saturday to show the British government what they think of its austerity program.
“Our Family Isn't So Different”
posted Mar 22, 2011
- Video: The 19-year-old son of two women testifies eloquently against Iowa's effort to ban same-sex marriage.
We’re Number One!
by James Gustave Spethposted Mar 22, 2011
- America is number one in quite a few areas—but they're not all accomplishments to be proud of.
A Law Against Lying on the News
by Dave Saldanaposted Mar 17, 2011
- First Amendment expert David Saldana: Why Canada has one and the U.S. doesn't.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari Margilposted Mar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
Nuclear Power: Re-evaluating the Risks
by Amy Goodmanposted Mar 14, 2011
- Amy Goodman interviews experts on what the ongoing nuclear disaster really means for Japan—and the rest of the world.
People We Love: Bradley Manning
posted Mar 11, 2011
- Challenging secrecy with WikiLeaks.
“This is Not Democracy” — Wisconsin’s Anti-Union Bill Passes
by Brooke Jarvisposted Mar 10, 2011
- In a controversial move, Republicans maneuvered the passage of Wisconsin's assault on collective bargaining after three weeks of protests. How'd they do it, and what happens next?
Mahlon Mitchell: The Middle Class Needs to Stick Together
by Robby Mellingerposted Mar 08, 2011
- Firefighters weren't directly included in the anti-union bill that sparked the protests in Madison. Lieutenant Mahlon Mitchell on why they're taking to the streets, anyway.
Public Pressure Saves 2,200 Mountain Acres
by Rebecca Leisherposted Mar 08, 2011
- An Appalachian victory in the battle against mountaintop mining.
How Wisconsin Could Turn Austerity into Prosperity: Own a Bank
by Ellen Brownposted Mar 05, 2011
- An answer to state budget woes that doesn't need to involve sacrificing workers' rights.
Why Every American Should Care About Wisconsin
by Amy B. Deanposted Mar 04, 2011
- The debate in Wisconsin doesn't just apply to union members and public workers—it applies to every American who cares about our fundamental rights as citizens.
7 Steps for Action Toward a New Economy
by David Kortenposted Mar 02, 2011
- Rather than turning again to increased global competition to mend our failing economy, we must instead steer our focus toward cooperation and equality.
The Story of Citizens United
posted Mar 01, 2011
- Annie Leonard's new film asks: Why have corporations gotten so powerful? And what can we do about it?