Government of, by, and for the people.
Public Pressure Saves 2,200 Mountain Acres
by Rebecca Leisherposted Mar 08, 2011
- An Appalachian victory in the battle against mountaintop mining.
How Wisconsin Could Turn Austerity into Prosperity: Own a Bank
by Ellen Brownposted Mar 05, 2011
- An answer to state budget woes that doesn't need to involve sacrificing workers' rights.
Why Every American Should Care About Wisconsin
by Amy B. Deanposted Mar 04, 2011
- The debate in Wisconsin doesn't just apply to union members and public workers—it applies to every American who cares about our fundamental rights as citizens.
7 Steps for Action Toward a New Economy
by David Kortenposted Mar 02, 2011
- Rather than turning again to increased global competition to mend our failing economy, we must instead steer our focus toward cooperation and equality.
The Story of Citizens United
posted Mar 01, 2011
- Annie Leonard's new film asks: Why have corporations gotten so powerful? And what can we do about it?
“Do You Pay Your Taxes? Bank of America Doesn’t”
by Chuck Collinsposted Feb 28, 2011
- The latest from a growing international movement to make corporate tax dodgers pay ... so public services don't have to.
Bigger than Unions, Bigger than Wisconsin
by Micah Uetrichtposted Feb 25, 2011
- How Americans across professions, religions, and states are uniting in opposition to Wisconsin's anti-union bill—and cultivating a movement that reaches far beyond the state border.
Time to Reclaim the American Dream
by Van Jonesposted Feb 22, 2011
- Van Jones: Why Wisconsin gives the movement for “hope and change” a second chance—and what you can do about it.
5 Ways You Can Fight Citizens United
by Annie Leonard, Allison Cookposted Feb 21, 2011
- The Story of Citizens United v FEC: How we the people can reclaim our democracy.
4 Ways to Stop Gun Violence
by Benjamin Van Houtenposted Feb 09, 2011
- The nation is grieving after yet another fatal mass shooting. Aren't there ways to curb this ongoing national tragedy?
The UK’s Progressive Tea Party
by Johann Hariposted Feb 08, 2011
- Imagine a parallel universe where the Great Crash of 2008 inspired ordinary people to take on corporate tax evaders. The name of this parallel universe is Britain.
Good Debt, Bad Debt
by David Kortenposted Feb 08, 2011
- Is using debt to create money a bad idea? It depends on where the money goes.
A Better Approach to Health Care
by Margaret Flowers, MDposted Feb 08, 2011
- As the current health law comes under attack and our national deficit continues to grow, single-payer plans are gaining more and more interest.
Changing with the Climate
by Richard Conlinposted Feb 07, 2011
- In Seattle, how changes in policy help prepare for changes in climate.
Film Trailer: Countdown to Zero
posted Feb 01, 2011
- An estimated 23,000 nuclear weapons exist in the world. Why that number needs to be zero.