Government of, by, and for the people.
A Law Against Lying on the News
by Dave Saldanaposted Mar 17, 2011
- First Amendment expert David Saldana: Why Canada has one and the U.S. doesn't.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari Margilposted Mar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
Nuclear Power: Re-evaluating the Risks
by Amy Goodmanposted Mar 14, 2011
- Amy Goodman interviews experts on what the ongoing nuclear disaster really means for Japan—and the rest of the world.
People We Love: Bradley Manning
posted Mar 11, 2011
- Challenging secrecy with WikiLeaks.
“This is Not Democracy” — Wisconsin’s Anti-Union Bill Passes
by Brooke Jarvisposted Mar 10, 2011
- In a controversial move, Republicans maneuvered the passage of Wisconsin's assault on collective bargaining after three weeks of protests. How'd they do it, and what happens next?
Mahlon Mitchell: The Middle Class Needs to Stick Together
by Robby Mellingerposted Mar 08, 2011
- Firefighters weren't directly included in the anti-union bill that sparked the protests in Madison. Lieutenant Mahlon Mitchell on why they're taking to the streets, anyway.
Public Pressure Saves 2,200 Mountain Acres
by Rebecca Leisherposted Mar 08, 2011
- An Appalachian victory in the battle against mountaintop mining.
How Wisconsin Could Turn Austerity into Prosperity: Own a Bank
by Ellen Brownposted Mar 05, 2011
- An answer to state budget woes that doesn't need to involve sacrificing workers' rights.
Why Every American Should Care About Wisconsin
by Amy B. Deanposted Mar 04, 2011
- The debate in Wisconsin doesn't just apply to union members and public workers—it applies to every American who cares about our fundamental rights as citizens.
7 Steps for Action Toward a New Economy
by David Kortenposted Mar 02, 2011
- Rather than turning again to increased global competition to mend our failing economy, we must instead steer our focus toward cooperation and equality.
The Story of Citizens United
posted Mar 01, 2011
- Annie Leonard's new film asks: Why have corporations gotten so powerful? And what can we do about it?
“Do You Pay Your Taxes? Bank of America Doesn’t”
by Chuck Collinsposted Feb 28, 2011
- The latest from a growing international movement to make corporate tax dodgers pay ... so public services don't have to.
Bigger than Unions, Bigger than Wisconsin
by Micah Uetrichtposted Feb 25, 2011
- How Americans across professions, religions, and states are uniting in opposition to Wisconsin's anti-union bill—and cultivating a movement that reaches far beyond the state border.
Time to Reclaim the American Dream
by Van Jonesposted Feb 22, 2011
- Van Jones: Why Wisconsin gives the movement for “hope and change” a second chance—and what you can do about it.
5 Ways You Can Fight Citizens United
by Annie Leonard, Allison Cookposted Feb 21, 2011
- The Story of Citizens United v FEC: How we the people can reclaim our democracy.