Government of, by, and for the people.
4 Ways to Stop Gun Violence
by Benjamin Van Houtenposted Feb 09, 2011
- The nation is grieving after yet another fatal mass shooting. Aren't there ways to curb this ongoing national tragedy?
The UK’s Progressive Tea Party
by Johann Hariposted Feb 08, 2011
- Imagine a parallel universe where the Great Crash of 2008 inspired ordinary people to take on corporate tax evaders. The name of this parallel universe is Britain.
Good Debt, Bad Debt
by David Kortenposted Feb 08, 2011
- Is using debt to create money a bad idea? It depends on where the money goes.
A Better Approach to Health Care
by Margaret Flowers, MDposted Feb 08, 2011
- As the current health law comes under attack and our national deficit continues to grow, single-payer plans are gaining more and more interest.
Changing with the Climate
by Richard Conlinposted Feb 07, 2011
- In Seattle, how changes in policy help prepare for changes in climate.
Film Trailer: Countdown to Zero
posted Feb 01, 2011
- An estimated 23,000 nuclear weapons exist in the world. Why that number needs to be zero.
What If Orangutans Had Their Day In Court?
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 01, 2011
- Environmentalists say nature should have legally recognized rights. But what does that really mean?
The Elephant in the Room at the State of the Union
by Robert Reichposted Jan 26, 2011
- The problem isn't "competitiveness"—it's inequality.
Washington State Joins the Movement for Public Banking
by Ellen Brownposted Jan 24, 2011
- The legislature will consider whether to move its funds from Bank of America to a publicly owned bank that would keep the state's money working locally.
The Not-So-Neutral Net
by Jenn Ettingerposted Jan 24, 2011
- The FCC’s new rules on Net Neutrality open the Internet to corporate discrimination. But it’s not too late to preserve Internet freedom.
A Turning Point for Mountaintop Removal?
by Sandra Diazposted Jan 14, 2011
- In an historic move, the EPA has vetoed a permit for mountaintop removal mining in West Virginia.
Don’t Compromise Social Security
by Doug Pibelposted Dec 10, 2010
- What the tax compromise could mean for the future of Social Security.
“Let Our Tax Cuts Go”
by Chuck Collinsposted Dec 08, 2010
- Why some wealthy Americans aren’t happy to see their tax cuts continued.
The Road to Real Health
by John de Graafposted Nov 22, 2010
- Health care's just part of the picture. Five policies that would be good for our health, happiness, and wallets.
Victory Bonds for Clean Energy
by Todd Larsenposted Nov 10, 2010
- What if Americans could support a clean energy future the way they once supported the U.S. war effort?