A Turning Point for Mountaintop Removal?
by Sandra DiazJan 14, 2011
- In an historic move, the EPA has vetoed a permit for mountaintop removal mining in West Virginia.
Don’t Compromise Social Security
by Doug PibelDec 10, 2010
- What the tax compromise could mean for the future of Social Security.
“Let Our Tax Cuts Go”
by Chuck CollinsDec 08, 2010
- Why some wealthy Americans aren’t happy to see their tax cuts continued.
The Road to Real Health
by John de GraafNov 22, 2010
- Health care's just part of the picture. Five policies that would be good for our health, happiness, and wallets.
Victory Bonds for Clean Energy
by Todd LarsenNov 10, 2010
- What if Americans could support a clean energy future the way they once supported the U.S. war effort?
Missing: A Vision of Economic Possibility
by David KortenNov 03, 2010
- This election showed us that neither of our two major parties has a credible vision for our economic future. And that’s why this is a moment of opportunity.
Our Families Can’t Afford to Stay Home on Election Day
by Sarah van GelderOct 27, 2010
- Sure, lots of us are frustrated by the economy, the war, and lack of progress in Washington, D.C. But there’s too much at stake to stay home on election day.
Real Family Values
by Sarah van GelderOct 25, 2010
- 9 progressive policies to support our families.
Foreclosuregate: Time to Break Up the Too-Big-to-Fail Banks?
by Ellen BrownOct 15, 2010
- If risky behavior by big finance threatens economic stability, the financial reform bill allows regulators to break up big banks.
The Small Business Case for Ending Tax Cuts for the Wealthy
by Chuck CollinsOct 14, 2010
- Small business owners, often used as a prop by anti-tax lobbyists, say letting the Bush-era tax cuts expire is a good business decision.
A Powerful Tool to Get Low-Income Voters to the Ballot Box
by Lisa Danetz, Scott NovakowskiSep 20, 2010
- Low-income citizens are often left out of the political process. But by enforcing an already existing law that links voter registration to public assistance programs, we can add millions of voices to democratic decision-making.
Raise My Taxes, Please
by Naomi SobelSep 09, 2010
- Why one wealthy American wants the Bush tax cuts to expire and the estate tax to be reinstated.
Maryland Protects Student Info From Recruiters
by Pat ElderSep 09, 2010
- Graduating high school students with increasingly grim job prospects are vulnerable to recruitment tactics. A new law limits military access to student data.
10 Ways to Solve the Jobs Problem
by Fran KortenSep 02, 2010
- Imagine a no-holds-barred “summit” that comes up with ideas to solve both our job and environmental problems. What might it come up with?
Can We Cut CEO Pay Down to Size?
by Sam PizzigatiSep 01, 2010
- Corporate executives are rewarded for cutting jobs and acting irresponsibly, according to a new study. How can we curb excessive pay and hold CEOs accountable?