Government of, by, and for the people.
Canada’s Music of Protest
by Ian MacKenzieposted Jun 07, 2012
- All over Canada, protesters in solidarity with the students of Quebec are making noise with their pots, pans, and conversations about the society they want.
World to Wisconsin: We’re With You
posted Jun 05, 2012
- Activists around the world sent statements of solidarity to Wisconsin's protesters.
Dear Bank of America, We’re Not Leaving Our Homes
by Amy Deanposted Jun 05, 2012
- The fight against unjust evictions just got fiercer as the national Occupy movement joins forces with community anti-foreclosure groups.
From Sitting In to Taking Over: A Worker-Owned Cooperative at Republic Windows and Doors
by Yana Kunichoffposted Jun 04, 2012
- Once a symbol of worker mistreatment and the failures of the financial system, the famous Chicago factory may soon be run cooperatively by its workers.
Quebec’s Student Revolt Goes Viral
by Mark Englerposted May 29, 2012
- Inside the biggest demonstration of civil disobedience in Canadian history.
The Rise of the New Economy Movement
by Gar Alperovitzposted May 23, 2012
- There’s economic reform, and then there’s economic transformation. How entrepreneurs, activists, and theorists are laying the groundwork for a very different economy.
Creating Change is the People’s Job
by Deepak Bhargavaposted May 23, 2012
- We—not just the president—have to be the agents of change in our society. How do we extend our electoral organizing beyond the elections?
Fighting Foreclosure Together
by Laura Gottesdienerposted May 21, 2012
- The demand for housing justice is bringing activists from different ideologies together to fight—and win—against foreclosures.
Endowment Activism: How Students Can Move Big Money
by Martha van Gelderposted May 17, 2012
- Think broke students have no power to influence Wall Street? Think again.
Spanish Indignados Return to City Squares
by Ter Garciaposted May 15, 2012
- Tens of thousands celebrated the 15M movement’s birthday in cities across Spain.
North Carolina’s Fight for Marriage Equality Continues
by Sue Sturgisposted May 15, 2012
- In the wake of North Carolina’s new amendment banning same-sex marriage, couples across the state are protesting by requesting marriage licenses.
Bank of America, Bad for America
posted May 11, 2012
- Video: Protesters take on Bank of America in New York.
Same-Sex Marriage Brings Healing to Me—and My Tribe
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 10, 2012
- Heather Purser set out to win gay marriage rights within the Suquamish Tribe and found herself on a personal journey toward self-acceptance.
Move Our Money Month
posted May 09, 2012
- Still haven’t moved your money out of Wall Street?
A Vision of America the Possible
by Gus Spethposted May 08, 2012
- Gus Speth imagines a compelling vision of a better, happier country—and how to make it possible.