Becoming stewards of our social, cultural, and natural heritage.
“God is What Happens When Humanity is Connected”
posted Jul 19, 2011
- Jim Gilliam: Why the Internet is my religion.
Harnessing the Multiplier Effect
by Nathanael Masseyposted Jun 17, 2011
- We're all familiar with vicious cycles. But what happens when solutions build on each other?
The Public Library Manifesto
by David Morrisposted May 06, 2011
- Why libraries matter, and how we can save them.
Don’t Get Fooled Again: Writing Our Own Economic Future
by Sarah Byrnesposted Apr 20, 2011
- My neighbors and I know we can't go back to the old economy. But what can we do to build a new one?
by Kim Eckartposted Apr 10, 2011
- Do you ride the bus? Use the library? Walk on the sidewalk? Congratulations—you're already part of the commons movement.
How to Design a Neighborhood for Happiness
by Jay Walljasperposted Apr 04, 2011
- The way we design our communities plays a huge role in how we experience our lives.
What to Pack for Disaster—And What to Leave Behind
by Rebecca Solnitposted Mar 30, 2011
- Rebecca Solnit: When disaster strikes, don't forget your compassion and critical thinking—but leave your panic, cliches, and stereotypes at the door.
In it Together: Organizing a Common Security Club
by Sarah Byrnesposted Feb 24, 2011
- How to overcome the obstacles and cultivate a caring, supportive community group in the face of tough economic times.
People, Power, and Public Spaces
by Jay Walljasperposted Feb 22, 2011
- What the privatization of public spaces has to do with our likelihood of taking to the streets.
EcoTipping Points: Strategies for Shifting from Decline to Restoration
by Gerald Martenposted Jan 26, 2011
- The EcoTipping Points Project has documented more than 100 stories of environmental recovery in communities around the world. What do these success stories have in common?
The Not-So-Neutral Net
by Jenn Ettingerposted Jan 24, 2011
- The FCC’s new rules on Net Neutrality open the Internet to corporate discrimination. But it’s not too late to preserve Internet freedom.
Rewriting the “Tragedy of the Commons”
by Bill McKibbenposted Jan 10, 2011
- We've been privatizing our way to disaster. It's time to chart a new course.
All That We Share
by Jay Walljasperposted Dec 20, 2010
- Welcome to a new kind of movement—one that reshapes how we think about ownership and cooperation.
At Climate Talks, an Answer Grows Outside
by Luis A. Ubiñasposted Dec 09, 2010
- In Mexico, communities own and manage their own forests, a proven method for reducing deforestation.
51 Ways to Spark a Commons Revolution
by Jay Walljasperposted Oct 21, 2010
- What you can do, alone and with others, to share life.