The Story of the Commons
by Jay WalljasperMar 16, 2012
- Tired of the privatization of everything? You’re not alone. Annie Leonard on how we can recognize and rebuild the things we all share.
Is It Time to Occupy the Commons?
by Alexa BradleyFeb 27, 2012
- A report from the Occupy Wall Street Forum on the Commons.
What If Corporations Couldn’t Use Our Commons For Free?
by Peter BarnesFeb 21, 2012
- Peter Barnes: How our shared resources could become a source of common wealth.
A People’s History of Robin Hood
by Paul BuhleFeb 15, 2012
- For hundreds of years, he’s fought tax injustice, tyranny, and the seizure of the commons. Why we still need him today.
Graduates Get a Crash Course in Sharing
by Malcolm HarrisOct 26, 2011
- How new graduates are improvising when expected careers aren’t panning out.
Inside Occupy Wall Street’s Nearly Last Night
by Olivia RosaneOct 15, 2011
- What was it like to be in Zuccotti Park in the hours before the owners’ planned eviction of protesters?
The Resilient Library
by Cat JohnsonSep 30, 2011
- Even in a time when libraries are facing steep cuts, we’re using them more than ever—in more ways than ever.
Living Right on the “Wrong” Side of Town
by Corbyn HightowerSep 07, 2011
- When Corbyn Hightower’s financial world fell apart, a ragtag community came together to show how lively neighborhoods grow new livelihoods.
Arrivederci, Water Profiteers
by Daniel MossJul 22, 2011
- “Water is a common good.” Why 96 percent of Italian voters rejected their government’s push for water privatization.
“God is What Happens When Humanity is Connected”
Jul 19, 2011
- Jim Gilliam: Why the Internet is my religion.
Harnessing the Multiplier Effect
by Nathanael MasseyJun 17, 2011
- We're all familiar with vicious cycles. But what happens when solutions build on each other?
The Public Library Manifesto
by David MorrisMay 06, 2011
- Why libraries matter, and how we can save them.
Don’t Get Fooled Again: Writing Our Own Economic Future
by Sarah ByrnesApr 20, 2011
- My neighbors and I know we can't go back to the old economy. But what can we do to build a new one?
by Kim EckartApr 10, 2011
- Do you ride the bus? Use the library? Walk on the sidewalk? Congratulations—you're already part of the commons movement.
How to Design a Neighborhood for Happiness
by Jay WalljasperApr 04, 2011
- The way we design our communities plays a huge role in how we experience our lives.