by Kim EckartApr 10, 2011
- Do you ride the bus? Use the library? Walk on the sidewalk? Congratulations—you're already part of the commons movement.
How to Design a Neighborhood for Happiness
by Jay WalljasperApr 04, 2011
- The way we design our communities plays a huge role in how we experience our lives.
What to Pack for Disaster—And What to Leave Behind
by Rebecca SolnitMar 30, 2011
- Rebecca Solnit: When disaster strikes, don't forget your compassion and critical thinking—but leave your panic, cliches, and stereotypes at the door.
In it Together: Organizing a Common Security Club
by Sarah ByrnesFeb 24, 2011
- How to overcome the obstacles and cultivate a caring, supportive community group in the face of tough economic times.
People, Power, and Public Spaces
by Jay WalljasperFeb 22, 2011
- What the privatization of public spaces has to do with our likelihood of taking to the streets.
EcoTipping Points: Strategies for Shifting from Decline to Restoration
by Gerald MartenJan 26, 2011
- The EcoTipping Points Project has documented more than 100 stories of environmental recovery in communities around the world. What do these success stories have in common?
The Not-So-Neutral Net
by Jenn EttingerJan 24, 2011
- The FCC’s new rules on Net Neutrality open the Internet to corporate discrimination. But it’s not too late to preserve Internet freedom.
Rewriting the “Tragedy of the Commons”
by Bill McKibbenJan 10, 2011
- We've been privatizing our way to disaster. It's time to chart a new course.
All That We Share
by Jay WalljasperDec 20, 2010
- Welcome to a new kind of movement—one that reshapes how we think about ownership and cooperation.
At Climate Talks, an Answer Grows Outside
by Luis A. UbiñasDec 09, 2010
- In Mexico, communities own and manage their own forests, a proven method for reducing deforestation.
51 Ways to Spark a Commons Revolution
by Jay WalljasperOct 21, 2010
- What you can do, alone and with others, to share life.
Cooperation Law for a Sharing Economy
by Janelle OrsiSep 23, 2010
- A new sharing economy is emerging—but how does it fit within our legal system?
Reclaim Your Streets: How to Create Safe and Social Pedestrian Plazas
by Erika KosinaSep 22, 2010
- 6 steps for replacing cars with parks.
Invest in the Sock Exchange—and Other Ways to Join the Sharing Revolution
by Jeremy Adam SmithSep 17, 2010
- When we share as much stuff as possible, we walk more lightly on the earth and often improve our quality of life.
At Last, a Human Right to Water
by Daniel MossJul 30, 2010
- Good news for thirsty people around the globe: The UN affirms the right to safe and clean drinking water.