Rewriting the “Tragedy of the Commons”
by Bill McKibbenJan 10, 2011
- We've been privatizing our way to disaster. It's time to chart a new course.
All That We Share
by Jay WalljasperDec 20, 2010
- Welcome to a new kind of movement—one that reshapes how we think about ownership and cooperation.
At Climate Talks, an Answer Grows Outside
by Luis A. UbiñasDec 09, 2010
- In Mexico, communities own and manage their own forests, a proven method for reducing deforestation.
51 Ways to Spark a Commons Revolution
by Jay WalljasperOct 21, 2010
- What you can do, alone and with others, to share life.
Cooperation Law for a Sharing Economy
by Janelle OrsiSep 23, 2010
- A new sharing economy is emerging—but how does it fit within our legal system?
Reclaim Your Streets: How to Create Safe and Social Pedestrian Plazas
by Erika KosinaSep 22, 2010
- 6 steps for replacing cars with parks.
Invest in the Sock Exchange—and Other Ways to Join the Sharing Revolution
by Jeremy Adam SmithSep 17, 2010
- When we share as much stuff as possible, we walk more lightly on the earth and often improve our quality of life.
At Last, a Human Right to Water
by Daniel MossJul 30, 2010
- Good news for thirsty people around the globe: The UN affirms the right to safe and clean drinking water.
When Couches Become Communities
by David BollierJul 29, 2010
- Venturesome travelers are using the web—and the couches of strangers—to create an international gift economy of hospitality.
Better Than Facebook?
by David BollierJun 30, 2010
- Fed up with Facebook's commercialism, four NYU students have created an open source, peer-to-peer alternative: Diaspora.
10 Ways Our World is Becoming More Shareable
by Neal Gorenflo, Jeremy Adam SmithJun 22, 2010
- We're sharing more things, more deeply, with more people. Why sharing is the answer to some of today's biggest questions.
Dry Run: Bostonians Learn to Appreciate Clean Water
by Chuck CollinsJun 01, 2010
- On May 1st, Bostonians got a remarkable glimpse of our water commons and how we might respond to future disruptions.
Transforming Space Into Place
May 12, 2010
- Video: Is the shortest distance between two points all that life is about? City Repair doesn't think so. They're helping people imagine and create lively public spaces—starting with your local intersection.
City Repair in Action
May 12, 2010
- Photo essay: City Repair helps people organize, design, and implement new, people-friendly visions for their communities—and reclaim the notion of “neighborhood” in the process. Here’s a collection of their best work.
Building the World We Want: Interview with Mark Lakeman
by Brooke JarvisMay 12, 2010
- Interview with the co-founder of the City Repair Project, a Portland group that helps neighbors turn public spaces into gathering places.