Where There's a Way
by Michael M'GonigleJun 30, 2001
- Where there's a way, by Michael M'Gonigle. Global Trade Agreements are just the latest way local communities are losing control over the surrounding forests and the watersheds. If there was a way to reclaim the commons, might there also be a political will?
Great Commons of the World
by Kari McGinnisJun 30, 2001
- Great commons of the World, by Kari McGinnis. Commons are places where people gather and community blossoms. Examines the qualities that make a good commons and describes some of the best in the world.
Discussion Guide: Reclaiming the Commons
Jun 30, 2001
- This guide is designed to provide a starting point for your discussion of some of the issues explored in the Summer 2001 issue of YES! magazine.
The Cornucopia of the Commons
by David BollierJun 30, 2001
- The Cornucopia of the Commons, by David Bollier. Community gardens, free software, self-help groups, and other examples of how the gift economy fosters community and social cohesion as well as economic innovation.
by Peter BarnesJun 30, 2001
- Sky Trust, by Peter Barnes. Carbon permits could reduce carbon emissions while returning benefits to individuals and rewarding conservation.
The Sound And the Furious
by Corinne AsturiasJun 30, 2001
- The Sound and the Furious, by Corinne Asturias. How silence is good for commons and noise pollution invades every refuge.
Dreams: The Making of Cities
by Peter NewmanJun 30, 1999
- "A city should be a place of exuberance and exaltation of the human spirit, a place for celebration and public 'happenings', for rich and easy encounter, for relaxation and enjoyment." E.R.Wickham