Cities, Towns, Transport
A livable, sustainable human habitat.
Dutch School Bus is a Bicycle Built for Ten
by Kate Malongowskiposted Dec 20, 2011
- An eco-friendly bicycle bus harnesses the pedal power of kids.
Jason F. McLennan: Bringing Buildings to Life
by Kim Eckartposted Dec 14, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Designing the world’s greenest building standards.
A Vending Machine—for Bikes
by Jennifer Kayeposted Nov 19, 2011
- In Minneapolis, two entrepreneurs invented a new way of bringing bike-repair tools to cyclists on the road.
Green Jobs Calling
by Madeline Ostranderposted Nov 10, 2011
- The citizens of two cities are finding the customers, finances, and skills to put together green jobs.
Best Job in the Neighborhood—And They Own It
by Susan Arterian Changposted Nov 10, 2011
- How worker co-ops are expanding despite the rust-belt economy.
The Carbon-Neutral City
by Richard Conlinposted Nov 04, 2011
- “Seattle becomes one of the first city governments in the world to declare that the goal of being carbon neutral is desirable, realistic, and attainable.”
Four Reasons We Need Less Gas
by Lester Brownposted Oct 17, 2011
- These days, Americans are driving less. What that means for the future of our oil dependence.
Can Households Help Create a Carbon Neutral City?
by Richard Conlinposted Oct 06, 2011
- In Seattle’s quest for carbon neutrality, what role do personal actions play?
Lessons from a Surprise Bike Town
by Jay Walljasperposted Sep 28, 2011
- How snowy Minneapolis beat out Portland for the title of best bike city in America.
Get On Your Feet For Moving Planet Day
posted Aug 31, 2011
- Video: Join us—and 350.org—in the global movement to move beyond fossil fuels on September 24, during No Impact Week.
A Bikeshare Success Story
posted Aug 24, 2011
- Who says Washington never gets anything right?
Film Review: Carbon Nation
by Robert Mellingerposted Aug 16, 2011
- Take a trip across the United States to find out who is developing low-carbon solutions.
Smart Transit By Choice
by Richard Conlinposted Aug 05, 2011
- Richard Conlin: Green urban travel shouldn’t be about guilt trips or prohibition, but about making the good choices easy.
Philadelphians Paint the Town
posted Aug 01, 2011
- How art healed and united troubled communities in the City of Brotherly Love.
Detroit: A New American Frontier
by Aaron M. Rennposted Jul 20, 2011
- For those seeking out an alternative vision of urban success, with new and innovative ideas about what the city of tomorrow should be, Detroit may offer the ultimate arena.