Resilient Ideas: Sunshine On The Menu
by Ari LeVeauxSep 09, 2010
- Come for the food, stay for the art at New York City's first solar-powered restaurant.
Aug 13, 2010
- Video: A twenty-year fight between a small Alaska town and one of the largest oil companies shows the resilience of communities.
Why the Fight for the Gulf is Also in Borneo
by Jamie HennJul 29, 2010
- A proposed coal plant in Malaysia is provoking an international outcry.
2010 a Tipping Point for Renewable Energy
by Brooke JarvisJul 28, 2010
- 100 days into the BP disaster, it's time to quit claiming that an economy based on fossil fuels is our only option.
Water for Energy Is a Waste
by Ashlee GreenJun 30, 2010
- Power plants suck more water out of the nation’s watersheds than any other single user—more than 40 percent.
New Heroes in the Fight Against Big Oil
by Madeline OstranderJun 25, 2010
- How one Florida restaurant owner has organized a force against offshore drilling.
Bonn Climate Talks: Beyond BP
by Jamie HennJun 17, 2010
- Even as we work to prevent future disasters and break the U.S. oil addiction, we must keep up pressure for a fair, ambitious climate treaty.
Where Do Our Carbon Emissions Come From, Anyway?
by Richard ConlinJun 15, 2010
- Seattle is working to become America's first climate neutral city. But first, it has to figure out where its carbon comes from.
Polls: Time for Action
by Madeline OstranderJun 11, 2010
- In the wake of the BP disaster in the Gulf, Americans are ready for clean energy.
What Are People Doing About the Gulf Disaster?
by Sarah van GelderJun 08, 2010
- In the last week, anger at the BP oil disaster has turned into action.
Perseverance: Lost in the Gulf of Mexico
by Margaret WheatleyJun 04, 2010
- We need to surrender our need to blame, acknowledge that we are truly lost, and then reclaim our capacity to think together if we are to find a way to solutions.
Six Things To Do About the BP Gulf Disaster
by Sarah van GelderJun 01, 2010
- Instead of sitting helplessly on the sidelines, here are six things every American can do.
UNC Chapel Hill Coal Free by 2020
by Kaitlin BaileyJun 01, 2010
- Under pressure from students to meet climate targets, a university turns to clean power.
John Francis: Walking Away From Oil
by Madeline OstranderMay 28, 2010
- When an oil spill coated birds in San Francisco Bay 40 years ago, he quit driving. Then he quit speaking. Madeline Ostrander asked him what he learned in that process that can help us deal with the BP oil spill.
Of Wind Farms and Oil Spills
by Scott GastApr 29, 2010
- On Wednesday, the news headlines offered a stark comparison between two possible futures for energy production in America.