How to tap the sun, wind, tide, and other planet-friendly sources of power.
Barefoot Photographers :: Photo Essay :4:
posted Feb 08, 2008
13 Best Energy Ideas
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jan 29, 2008
- Investment in energy projects will total $16 trillion in the next two decades. Sarah van Gelder lays out over a dozen sustainable energy policies and technologies that can make our infrastructure more climate friendly.
Electricity: An Astonishing Abundance
by Guy Daunceyposted Jan 29, 2008
- Solar energy from photovoltaics, energy from wind, energy from waves and times and from geothermal sources add up to enough to transition from fossil fuels. It is doable.
Local Energy, Local Power
by Winona LaDukeposted Nov 07, 2006
- Energy for Democracy - wind on the Great Plains could power the country. Tribes are working to bring energy production home.
It Takes Energy to Make Energy
by Doug Pibelposted May 11, 2006
- Biofuel creation graphically explained.
Peak oil preview: North Korea & Cuba
by Dale Jiajun Wenposted May 05, 2006
- Cuba survived much more comfortably than North Korea after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the consequent diminished oil supply. The government reaction of both countries is examined as a precursor to Peak Oil throughout the world.
Questions for Students: Bringing Biodiesel from Colorado to Colombia
by YES! for Youth Education Programposted Mar 10, 2005
- Questions for reflection and discussion from the article "Bringing Biodiesel from Colorado to Colombia"
Making it Last
by Hunter Lovinsposted Aug 10, 2004
- Hunter Lovins helped found and manage the Rocky Mountain Institute, famous for turning conventional wisdom about energy on its head. She’s still changing minds in the worlds of business, nonprofits, and government, showing a more sustainable path to prosperity.
posted Aug 10, 2004
- Ten of our favorite simple ways to cut oil dependence.
Getting There on Less
by Guy Daunceyposted Aug 10, 2004
- How might we get around with less oil? Here’s a 12-step program to kick our addiction to gas guzzling.
Resource Guide: Can We Live Without Oil?
posted Jul 27, 2004
- Books and website listings that deal with alternatives to oil, and conservation. energy efficiency and renewable energy/fuels, alternative transportation, understanding the problem with oil
Tribes Find Power In Wind
by Winona LaDukeposted May 20, 2004
- Intertribal Council on Utility Policy, COUP, first wind generator dedicated on Rosebud Reservation, clean energy windshed. sustainable homeland economic development. summer 2003.
A Sustainable Energy Plan For the US
by Guy Daunceyposted Sep 30, 2001
- Examines the policies, technologies, and strategies that could lead the US and the world to a sustainable energy future.
Where There's a Way
by Michael M'Gonigleposted Jun 30, 2001
- Where there's a way, by Michael M'Gonigle. Global Trade Agreements are just the latest way local communities are losing control over the surrounding forests and the watersheds. If there was a way to reclaim the commons, might there also be a political will?
YES! But How? :: Electricity, Dry Cleaning, Birch
by Doug Pibel, Annie Berthold-Bondposted Aug 30, 1998
- Green Electricity, Avoiding Dry-Cleaning , Using Black Birch , and Non-toxic Wood Stain