How to tap the sun, wind, tide, and other planet-friendly sources of power.
Protesters Win Pipeline Delay
by Brooke Jarvisposted Nov 10, 2011
- How thousands of determined protesters dragged a little-known pipeline into the national spotlight—and convinced the Obama administration to delay its approval.
Film Review: The Last Mountain
by Ayla Harbinposted Nov 01, 2011
- Follow a group of residents-turned-activists in their efforts to save Coal River Mountain, the last one left in an area devastated by mining.
EU: Drawing a Line in the Tar Sands?
by Robert Mellingerposted Oct 28, 2011
- A controversial move to prohibit oil imported from what’s been called the world’s dirtiest fuel source could be an example for the rest of us.
Four Reasons We Need Less Gas
by Lester Brownposted Oct 17, 2011
- These days, Americans are driving less. What that means for the future of our oil dependence.
A Moveable Planet
posted Sep 29, 2011
- Video: In more than 175 countries, people found creative ways to show they're ready to move away from fossil fuels.
The Coming of the Coal-Free Campus
by Jen Hortonposted Sep 01, 2011
- Why students across the country are asking schools to clean up their act.
Get On Your Feet For Moving Planet Day
posted Aug 31, 2011
- Video: Join us—and 350.org—in the global movement to move beyond fossil fuels on September 24, during No Impact Week.
Film Review: Carbon Nation
by Robert Mellingerposted Aug 16, 2011
- Take a trip across the United States to find out who is developing low-carbon solutions.
What a 10-Year-Old Did for the Tar Sands
by Angela Sterrittposted Aug 15, 2011
- Why a First Nations student from British Columbia is taking on a controversial trans-Canadian pipeline project—through song.
What We Could Lose Unless We Change: Remembering Ray Anderson
by Paul Hawkenposted Aug 12, 2011
- "Reimagining the world was a responsibility for Ray, a gift to a future that is begging for selflessness and vision." Paul Hawken honors the life of a green business pioneer.
Join In: The People v. the Pipeline
posted Aug 11, 2011
- Join us for a live Twitter chat at 8 p.m. EST with YES! executive editor Sarah van Gelder, Naomi Klein, Bill McKibben, and others on the controversial tar sands pipeline and the mass civil disobedience kicking off next week to fight it.
Hands Across the Sand
posted Jul 15, 2011
- Photo essay: Scenes from a massive protest to protect beaches from Big Oil.
YES! Picks: Rocket Stoves
by Robert Mellingerposted Jul 14, 2011
- An alternative to traditional charcoal or gas grills, a rocket stove is a more sustainable method for outdoor cooking.
What’s the True Price of Gas?
posted Jul 05, 2011
- Video: How much do we really pay for a gallon of gas? The costs extend beyond what we pay at the pump.
The People v. the Pipeline: Time to Join In
by Wendell Berry, Bill McKibben, Danny Glover, Maude Barlow, Tom Goldtooth, James Hansen, Wes Jackson, Naomi Klein, George Poitras, David Suzuki, Gus Spethposted Jun 22, 2011
- How you can get involved in the one of the most important climate struggles happening in North America.