Carbon Neutrality: It’s Technically Possible
by Richard ConlinJul 25, 2012
- The technology to achieve carbon neutrality exists, or could in the near future. What has to happen to put those capabilities in play?
Climate Emergency Action Plan
by Sarah van GelderJul 20, 2012
- We can still avoid a devastating climate crisis, but we’ll need a World War II-level mobilization — and we’ll need to stand up to Dirty Energy.
Cry Wolf: An Unethical Oil Story
Jul 05, 2012
- In an attempt to bolster caribou populations, Alberta is hunting wolves. But are they really the cause of the problem?
In Ohio, the People Push Back on Fracking
by Joshua Kahn RussellJun 26, 2012
- Tired of waiting for their leaders to ban the destructive drilling practice, citizens passed their own resolution—and took over the Statehouse to make it heard.
How a Tiny Group of Activists Blocked a Giant New Plutonium Facility
by Stuart GlascockJun 08, 2012
- From New Mexico, a victory in the fight against nuclear proliferation.
The Real Reason the Military is Going Green
by Natalie PompilioJun 04, 2012
- Big Oil is a big risk for national security. Can our military—the world's No. 1 oil guzzler—change the politics of climate change?
No More Handouts to Big Oil
by Bill McKibbenApr 05, 2012
- Bill McKibben’s five rules of the road for reforming fossil fuel subsidies.
Boulder Votes to Free Its Electric Company
by Valerie SchloredtMar 26, 2012
- Running their own utility means sun and wind energy instead of coal.
The Undead Pipeline Returns
by Madeline OstranderFeb 29, 2012
- The Keystone XL pipeline is back, sort of. But will its promoters’ tactics cause a property rights backlash?
Fracking Bans that Can Stand
by Maura StephensFeb 29, 2012
- In New York, judges are standing up for communities’ rights to say no to corporate drilling.
A Bold Win Against Big Oil
by Madeline OstranderFeb 01, 2012
- How people power stopped the Keystone XL Pipeline.
A Jump Start for the Clean Economy
by Maria GallucciJan 24, 2012
- A little-known source of clean energy funding could prove a crucial job-creation engine in the states.
The Scientization of Politics
Dec 22, 2011
- How did climate science get so politicized—and what can we do about it? Climatologist Michael Mann responds in this TEDx talk.
Henry Red Cloud: Solar Warrior for Native America
by Talli NaumanDec 19, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Bringing renewable energy and jobs to reservations.
Protesters Win Pipeline Delay
by Brooke JarvisNov 10, 2011
- How thousands of determined protesters dragged a little-known pipeline into the national spotlight—and convinced the Obama administration to delay its approval.