The Real Reason the Military is Going Green
by Natalie PompilioJun 04, 2012
- Big Oil is a big risk for national security. Can our military—the world's No. 1 oil guzzler—change the politics of climate change?
No More Handouts to Big Oil
by Bill McKibbenApr 05, 2012
- Bill McKibben’s five rules of the road for reforming fossil fuel subsidies.
Boulder Votes to Free Its Electric Company
by Valerie SchloredtMar 26, 2012
- Running their own utility means sun and wind energy instead of coal.
The Undead Pipeline Returns
by Madeline OstranderFeb 29, 2012
- The Keystone XL pipeline is back, sort of. But will its promoters’ tactics cause a property rights backlash?
Fracking Bans that Can Stand
by Maura StephensFeb 29, 2012
- In New York, judges are standing up for communities’ rights to say no to corporate drilling.
A Bold Win Against Big Oil
by Madeline OstranderFeb 01, 2012
- How people power stopped the Keystone XL Pipeline.
A Jump Start for the Clean Economy
by Maria GallucciJan 24, 2012
- A little-known source of clean energy funding could prove a crucial job-creation engine in the states.
The Scientization of Politics
Dec 22, 2011
- How did climate science get so politicized—and what can we do about it? Climatologist Michael Mann responds in this TEDx talk.
Henry Red Cloud: Solar Warrior for Native America
by Talli NaumanDec 19, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Bringing renewable energy and jobs to reservations.
Protesters Win Pipeline Delay
by Brooke JarvisNov 10, 2011
- How thousands of determined protesters dragged a little-known pipeline into the national spotlight—and convinced the Obama administration to delay its approval.
Film Review: The Last Mountain
by Ayla HarbinNov 01, 2011
- Follow a group of residents-turned-activists in their efforts to save Coal River Mountain, the last one left in an area devastated by mining.
EU: Drawing a Line in the Tar Sands?
by Robert MellingerOct 28, 2011
- A controversial move to prohibit oil imported from what’s been called the world’s dirtiest fuel source could be an example for the rest of us.
Four Reasons We Need Less Gas
by Lester BrownOct 17, 2011
- These days, Americans are driving less. What that means for the future of our oil dependence.
A Moveable Planet
Sep 29, 2011
- Video: In more than 175 countries, people found creative ways to show they're ready to move away from fossil fuels.
The Coming of the Coal-Free Campus
by Jen HortonSep 01, 2011
- Why students across the country are asking schools to clean up their act.