How to tap the sun, wind, tide, and other planet-friendly sources of power.
Victory Bonds for Clean Energy
by Todd Larsenposted Nov 10, 2010
- What if Americans could support a clean energy future the way they once supported the U.S. war effort?
Curriculum & Resources: Individual and Community Resilience
posted Oct 13, 2010
- What makes teenage brains unique? What happens when people from all walks of life play an alternate reality game to create a better future? Lesson plans from Inside the Teenage Brain and World Without Oil.
by Mark Englerposted Sep 29, 2010
- On the front lines in the fight against coal
Resilient Ideas: Get Off The Grid
by Regina Gregoryposted Sep 09, 2010
- A pioneering town in Germany pulls off clean, reliable energy with stable prices.
Resilient Ideas: Sunshine On The Menu
by Ari LeVeauxposted Sep 09, 2010
- Come for the food, stay for the art at New York City's first solar-powered restaurant.
Canada-to-Texas Pipeline Plans Draw Criticism
by Laura Kaliebeposted Sep 09, 2010
- Activists and residents along the 2,000-mile proposed route fear damage to farming, ecosystems, and water from the transport of what has been called the world's dirtiest source of transportation energy.
posted Aug 13, 2010
- Video: A twenty-year fight between a small Alaska town and one of the largest oil companies shows the resilience of communities.
Why the Fight for the Gulf is Also in Borneo
by Jamie Hennposted Jul 29, 2010
- A proposed coal plant in Malaysia is provoking an international outcry.
2010 a Tipping Point for Renewable Energy
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jul 28, 2010
- 100 days into the BP disaster, it's time to quit claiming that an economy based on fossil fuels is our only option.
Water for Energy Is a Waste
by Ashlee Greenposted Jun 30, 2010
- Power plants suck more water out of the nation’s watersheds than any other single user—more than 40 percent.
New Heroes in the Fight Against Big Oil
by Madeline Ostranderposted Jun 25, 2010
- How one Florida restaurant owner has organized a force against offshore drilling.
Bonn Climate Talks: Beyond BP
by Jamie Hennposted Jun 17, 2010
- Even as we work to prevent future disasters and break the U.S. oil addiction, we must keep up pressure for a fair, ambitious climate treaty.
Where Do Our Carbon Emissions Come From, Anyway?
by Richard Conlinposted Jun 15, 2010
- Seattle is working to become America's first climate neutral city. But first, it has to figure out where its carbon comes from.
Polls: Time for Action
by Madeline Ostranderposted Jun 11, 2010
- In the wake of the BP disaster in the Gulf, Americans are ready for clean energy.
What Are People Doing About the Gulf Disaster?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 08, 2010
- In the last week, anger at the BP oil disaster has turned into action.