How to tap the sun, wind, tide, and other planet-friendly sources of power.
Romney’s Dirtier, Deadlier Energy Future: Is There Another Way?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Aug 24, 2012
- The oil-dependent economy Romney supports is a step toward a less stable, more costly future. Renewables and energy efficiency offer real hope.
Carbon Neutrality: It’s Technically Possible
by Richard Conlinposted Jul 25, 2012
- The technology to achieve carbon neutrality exists, or could in the near future. What has to happen to put those capabilities in play?
Climate Emergency Action Plan
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jul 20, 2012
- We can still avoid a devastating climate crisis, but we’ll need a World War II-level mobilization — and we’ll need to stand up to Dirty Energy.
Cry Wolf: An Unethical Oil Story
posted Jul 05, 2012
- In an attempt to bolster caribou populations, Alberta is hunting wolves. But are they really the cause of the problem?
In Ohio, the People Push Back on Fracking
by Joshua Kahn Russellposted Jun 26, 2012
- Tired of waiting for their leaders to ban the destructive drilling practice, citizens passed their own resolution—and took over the Statehouse to make it heard.
How a Tiny Group of Activists Blocked a Giant New Plutonium Facility
by Stuart Glascockposted Jun 08, 2012
- From New Mexico, a victory in the fight against nuclear proliferation.
The Real Reason the Military is Going Green
by Natalie Pompilioposted Jun 04, 2012
- Big Oil is a big risk for national security. Can our military—the world's No. 1 oil guzzler—change the politics of climate change?
No More Handouts to Big Oil
by Bill McKibbenposted Apr 05, 2012
- Bill McKibben’s five rules of the road for reforming fossil fuel subsidies.
Boulder Votes to Free Its Electric Company
by Valerie Schloredtposted Mar 26, 2012
- Running their own utility means sun and wind energy instead of coal.
The Undead Pipeline Returns
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 29, 2012
- The Keystone XL pipeline is back, sort of. But will its promoters’ tactics cause a property rights backlash?
Fracking Bans that Can Stand
by Maura Stephensposted Feb 29, 2012
- In New York, judges are standing up for communities’ rights to say no to corporate drilling.
A Bold Win Against Big Oil
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 01, 2012
- How people power stopped the Keystone XL Pipeline.
A Jump Start for the Clean Economy
by Maria Gallucciposted Jan 24, 2012
- A little-known source of clean energy funding could prove a crucial job-creation engine in the states.
The Scientization of Politics
posted Dec 22, 2011
- How did climate science get so politicized—and what can we do about it? Climatologist Michael Mann responds in this TEDx talk.
Henry Red Cloud: Solar Warrior for Native America
by Talli Naumanposted Dec 19, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Bringing renewable energy and jobs to reservations.