How to tap the sun, wind, tide, and other planet-friendly sources of power.
Communities Push Back on Fracking
by James Trimarcoposted Jun 15, 2011
- Gaining ground in the fight against controversial natural gas extraction.
Closing Down Coal Plants
by Sarah Kuckposted Jun 15, 2011
- Why shutting down 20 boilers nationwide could herald big changes for our energy future.
Our Most Urgent Climate Struggles—And How We Might Win Them
by Bill McKibbenposted Jun 02, 2011
- Bill McKibben: In the mighty struggles beginning between climate activists and the fossil fuel industry, geography is on our side.
What I Said at the White House
by Shadia Fayne Woodposted May 17, 2011
- What happened when eleven young activists confronted the president about his climate and energy policies.
Peak Oil: A Chance to Change the World
by Richard Heinbergposted May 14, 2011
- For advice about life after graduation, students at Worcester Polytechnic wanted to hear from peak oil scholar Richard Heinberg instead of Exxon's CEO. Here's what he told them.
Nuclear Disaster: Who Foots the Bill?
by Tyson Slocumposted Mar 31, 2011
- Right now, taxpayers insure the nuclear power industry against the costs of disaster. How can we support safer industries, instead?
From Hiroshima to Fukushima: Rethinking Atomic Energy
by Jonathan Schellposted Mar 16, 2011
- The combined devastation of Japan's earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear plant explosion begs the question: Doesn't Mother Nature provide enough forces of destruction without humans adding one of our own?
Nuclear Power: Re-evaluating the Risks
by Amy Goodmanposted Mar 14, 2011
- Amy Goodman interviews experts on what the ongoing nuclear disaster really means for Japan—and the rest of the world.
Public Pressure Saves 2,200 Mountain Acres
by Rebecca Leisherposted Mar 08, 2011
- An Appalachian victory in the battle against mountaintop mining.
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 5
posted Jan 07, 2011
- You've laid off the lights and turned down the heat. How are you staying warm?
What’s Next for Offshore Energy?
by Mariam Bakshposted Dec 08, 2010
- On the Atlantic Coast, offshore oil drilling is out—and wind energy is in.
In Coal Country, A Win for Clean Energy
by Sue Sturgisposted Nov 19, 2010
- A Kentucky power cooperative had plans to burn more coal. Local residents instead demanded cleaner energy and greater efficiency—and won.
Hot Renewable: Wide Interest in Solar Power
by Madeline Ostrander, Doug Pibelposted Nov 14, 2010
- The U.S. moves toward a tipping point for solar energy.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Hit the Road
by Alyssa B. Johnsonposted Nov 14, 2010
- How government and industry are getting behind a new breed of electric cars.
Victory Bonds for Clean Energy
by Todd Larsenposted Nov 10, 2010
- What if Americans could support a clean energy future the way they once supported the U.S. war effort?