Joining together to avert catastrophe.
EU: Drawing a Line in the Tar Sands?
by Robert Mellingerposted Oct 28, 2011
- A controversial move to prohibit oil imported from what’s been called the world’s dirtiest fuel source could be an example for the rest of us.
Red State Ranchers Vs. the Pipeline
posted Oct 07, 2011
- Nebraska isn’t known for environmental activism—but an oil pipeline that would cross the Ogallala aquifer is changing that.
Can Households Help Create a Carbon Neutral City?
by Richard Conlinposted Oct 06, 2011
- In Seattle’s quest for carbon neutrality, what role do personal actions play?
Eco-Politics Back on the Ranch
by Madeline Ostranderposted Sep 30, 2011
- In Nebraska, the fight against the Keystone XL pipeline is no longer about left versus right.
A Moveable Planet
posted Sep 29, 2011
- Video: In more than 175 countries, people found creative ways to show they're ready to move away from fossil fuels.
Gearing Up for Moving Planet Day
posted Sep 23, 2011
- Photo essay: All around the world, groups are preparing to reach beyond fossil fuels for Moving Planet Day.
When Words Fail: Does a Warming World Need a New Vocabulary?
by Madeline Ostranderposted Sep 19, 2011
- We often don’t have the words to express our strong emotions about environmental destruction or a changing climate. Meet the man who’s trying to fix that.
“We Can Change History”
posted Sep 07, 2011
- Video: Two weeks and 1,252 arrests later—how a committed group of activists made an oil pipeline an international issue.
From Disillusionment to Direct Action: A Tale on Two Continents
by Jim Shultzposted Sep 06, 2011
- From the White House lawn to the jungles of Bolivia—what happens when a president fails to live up to his environmental rhetoric?
In Photos: The People vs. the Pipeline
posted Sep 06, 2011
- Photo essay: The climate justice movement gets (civilly) disobedient.
Extreme Weather Research Makeover
by Sarah Kuckposted Sep 01, 2011
- Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and droughts: A new coalition to investigate the impact of climate change on weather.
The Coming of the Coal-Free Campus
by Jen Hortonposted Sep 01, 2011
- Why students across the country are asking schools to clean up their act.
Get On Your Feet For Moving Planet Day
posted Aug 31, 2011
- Video: Join us—and 350.org—in the global movement to move beyond fossil fuels on September 24, during No Impact Week.
Asking for What Obama Promised
by Madeline Ostranderposted Aug 31, 2011
- Protesters push Obama to resist the influence of the oil industry and stop the Keystone XL pipeline.
Pipeline Protests: Beyond the Usual Suspects
by Madeline Ostranderposted Aug 25, 2011
- Can opposition to the Keystone XL pipeline bring conservatives back to conservation?