Joining together to avert catastrophe.
A Very Civil Civil Disobedience
posted Aug 19, 2011
- "From Henry David Thoreau, to Susan B. Anthony, to Gandhi, to King, to you." Oscar-nominated director Josh Fox on how you can help stop the disastrous development of the Canadian tar sands.
Prevent a Tar Sands Disaster
by Nellis Kennedy-Howardposted Aug 19, 2011
- Why developing the tarsands has been called "world's most destructive project."
Jump In Together: An Invitation to No Impact Week
by Colin Beavanposted Aug 18, 2011
- Sometimes the hardest part of changing our lives and world is believing that it’s possible. Colin Beavan on finding a place to start.
Bill McKibben: This Is Getting Exciting
by Bill McKibbenposted Aug 18, 2011
- With thousands pledged to risk arrest at the White House to protect the Alberta tar sands, the climate movement’s biggest civil disobedience action ever is about to take Washington by storm.
What a 10-Year-Old Did for the Tar Sands
by Angela Sterrittposted Aug 15, 2011
- Why a First Nations student from British Columbia is taking on a controversial trans-Canadian pipeline project—through song.
What We Could Lose Unless We Change: Remembering Ray Anderson
by Paul Hawkenposted Aug 12, 2011
- "Reimagining the world was a responsibility for Ray, a gift to a future that is begging for selflessness and vision." Paul Hawken honors the life of a green business pioneer.
Join In: The People v. the Pipeline
posted Aug 11, 2011
- Join us for a live Twitter chat at 8 p.m. EST with YES! executive editor Sarah van Gelder, Naomi Klein, Bill McKibben, and others on the controversial tar sands pipeline and the mass civil disobedience kicking off next week to fight it.
Worth Dying For
posted Jul 27, 2011
- A video tribute to those who have sacrificed their lives to protect the environment.
“This Is What Hope Looks Like”
by Tim DeChristopherposted Jul 27, 2011
- During his sentencing, activist Tim DeChristopher had the opportunity to speak, at length, to the court. This is what he said.
The Courage to Stop Pretending: Tim DeChristopher Sentenced
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jul 26, 2011
- Can going to jail be a happier choice than turning a blind eye to climate injustice?
Hands Across the Sand
posted Jul 15, 2011
- Photo essay: Scenes from a massive protest to protect beaches from Big Oil.
Standing Up to Corporatism
posted Jul 12, 2011
- At the second March on Blair Mountain, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. tells the story of America’s long struggle against unchecked corporate power.
Climate Regulations a Job Killer? Quit Crying Wolf
by Donald Cohenposted Jul 11, 2011
- Over and over, the regulations that the Chamber of Commerce says will be catastrophic have become the basic safeguards we take for granted.
Fatherhood Confronts Climate Change
by Anna Faheyposted Jul 01, 2011
- Book Review: Environmental journalist Mark Hertsgaard's "Hot" describes what life will be like for his daughter's generation.
The People v. the Pipeline: Time to Join In
by Wendell Berry, Bill McKibben, Danny Glover, Maude Barlow, Tom Goldtooth, James Hansen, Wes Jackson, Naomi Klein, George Poitras, David Suzuki, Gus Spethposted Jun 22, 2011
- How you can get involved in the one of the most important climate struggles happening in North America.