Joining together to avert catastrophe.
Kumi Naidoo on How We'll Win at Copenhagen
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 11, 2009
- Forget the cynicism. The activists who made Copenhagen possible are ramping up the pressure for a strong and binding deal on climate change.
350 Day of Action
posted Dec 11, 2009
- 350 might be the most important number in the world—which is why people around the world are finding powerful ways to make that number known.
How to Talk to Your Friends About Copenhagen
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 10, 2009
- Talking about climate change may be one of the most revolutionary things you can do. But how do you strike up your own Copenhagen conversations—and what do you say once you do?
Cool Globes in Copenhagen
posted Dec 09, 2009
- "Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet" is a public art exhibit featuring over 25 large globes, each with a different message about climate change.
Copenhagen's Conscience: The Youth Climate Movement Won't Settle
by Jessy Tolkanposted Dec 08, 2009
- Youth activists are playing an important role: refusing to allow the smallness of politics to stand in the way of the fair and globally-binding deal that our generation demands for survival.
The Copenhagen Moment
posted Dec 08, 2009
- Video: Leaders of the climate justice movement on turning the U.N. negotiations in Copenhagen into a true global turning point.
10 Million People Petition for Climate Action
by Richard Gravesposted Dec 08, 2009
- As some try to lower expectations about the outcome of the U.N. climate summit in Copenhagen, public pressure for real action is increasing.
Fast for Climate Justice
by Anna Keenanposted Dec 07, 2009
- Now a month into their hunger strike, activists are hoping for serious commitment from the delegates in Copenhagen.
14 Days to Seal History's Judgment on this Generation
posted Dec 07, 2009
- Newspapers in more than 45 countries united behind a shared editorial demanding urgent and decisive action to avert climate change disaster.
N30 Global Day of Action on Climate Crisis
posted Dec 07, 2009
- On November 30, the 10th anniversary of the 1999 World Trade Organization protests in Seattle, activists call for urgent action on the global climate crisis.
No Need to Wait (or Pay) for Climate Technology
by David Bollierposted Dec 04, 2009
- Did you think most clean energy technology is locked up by patent holders? The Global Innovation Commons lists thousands of energy-saving technologies already in the public domain.
Climate and Capitalism in Copenhagen
by Walden Belloposted Dec 02, 2009
- The climate problem cannot be addressed without addressing capitalism's incessant drive, motivated by the search for profit, to transform living nature into dead commodities.
Using the Clean Air Act to Cap Carbon
posted Dec 02, 2009
- Two environmental groups petitioned the EPA to use the Clean Air Act to cap carbon dioxide at 350 parts per million.
Annie Leonard on Life After Stuff
by Annie Leonardposted Dec 01, 2009
- Annie Leonard reveals what gives her strength, even as she and her popular film, The Story of Stuff, are attacked as un-American.
Climate Action: What Will it Take to Avert Disastrous Climate Change?
by Sarah van Gelder, Madeline Ostrander, Doug Pibelposted Dec 01, 2009
- We thought we had 20, 30, 50 years to take on the climate crisis. We were wrong. The scary science, smart policies, and critical actions that could still avert disaster.