Joining together to avert catastrophe.
The State of the Earth, 2010
by Rebecca Solnitposted Apr 22, 2010
- We're in a very bad way. But we also know the solution would make most of us richer—even if not in the ways we are presently accustomed to counting as wealth.
This is Our Home
posted Apr 22, 2010
- Slideshow: Robert Redford discusses the history and importance of Earth Day.
On the Path to Climate Neutrality
by Richard Conlinposted Apr 22, 2010
- Seattle hopes to become North America's first climate neutral city. City council president Richard Conlin asks: What exactly are we getting ourselves into?
From Crisis to Opportunity
by Velcrow Ripperposted Apr 21, 2010
- Will the World People's Summit be a turning point in the climate crisis?
Changing the Climate for Justice
by Joseph Huff-Hannonposted Apr 20, 2010
- At the World People's Conference on Climate Change, a new set of voices is being heard.
A Strategy for Change?
by Jim Shultzposted Apr 20, 2010
- The climate summit in Bolivia is based on the start of a strategy—to bring social movements inside discussions about combating climate change—but more careful planning is needed.
Live from Cochabamba
posted Apr 20, 2010
- OneClimate.net streams live from the World People's Summit on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth.
Let's See Ourselves
by Gustavo Esteva with Juliette Beckposted Apr 15, 2010
- The fight against climate change has begun to reflect the colonial, top-down worldview that contributed to the problem in the first place. Mexican activist and storyteller Gustavo Esteva on a new vision—one that is radically bottom-up.
The End of the Long Summer
by Sherry Boschertposted Apr 13, 2010
- A new book by a leading science writer tells what we need to do to survive climate change.
The High Cost of Cheap Coal
by Brooke Jarvisposted Apr 07, 2010
- More and more people are recalculating the true price of coal and deciding it’s simply too high to pay.
Climate Game Changer
by Sarah van Gelderposted Apr 02, 2010
- Can Cochabamba pick up where Copenhagen failed?
Gaviotas: Village of Hope
by Seth Biderman, Christian Casillasposted Mar 30, 2010
- Two activists discover the secrets of a Colombian community’s success—surprise and imagination.
350.org: Getting to Work in 2010
posted Mar 30, 2010
- With a weak climate "agreement" coming out of Copenhagen, the 350.org campaign urges citizens to get to work in 2010—whether politicians are on board or not.
As Glaciers Melt, Bolivia Fights for the Good Life
by Jessica Camille Aguirreposted Mar 18, 2010
- Rural Bolivians—whose way of life may be an early casualty of a changing climate—want the rest of the world to reevaluate what it means to "vivir bien."
Sweden Labels Food With CO2 Data
by Jeff Raderstrongposted Feb 28, 2010
- The Swedish government announced new food guidelines that recommend eating habits based on greenhouse-gas emissions.