Joining together to avert catastrophe.
Climate Talks End With People’s Agreement
by Jim Shultzposted May 13, 2010
Debt vs. Localization: Climate Justice in the New Economy
by David Kortenposted May 12, 2010
- David Korten: Where does the concept of “climate debt” fit into a New Economy framework?
Cochabamba’s Message: Let the People Speak
by Janet Redmanposted Apr 29, 2010
- The World People's Summit broke new ground by allowing those most affected by a changing climate the chance to speak out about their ideas for just solutions.
Bill McKibben's Message to Cochabamba
posted Apr 28, 2010
- The author addresses the thousands who gathered in Cochabamba for the World People's Summit on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth.
Welcome to Eaarth
by Scott Gastposted Apr 27, 2010
- Bill McKibben’s latest book explores what it’ll take to live on a planet less sweet than it used to be. During a recent stop in Seattle, he described the smaller, slower, and wiser future that may be our best bet.
A Climate Summit for the Rest of Us
posted Apr 27, 2010
- Video: The Cochabamba climate summit was designed to respect the power and knowledge of world social movements and indigenous peoples.
Cochabamba Postscript: Lessons, Reflections, and the Road to Cancun
by Jason Negrón-Gonzalesposted Apr 26, 2010
- There are plenty of reasons to be excited about the alliance gathering around grassroots solutions.
Cochabamba's New Direction
by Jason Negrón-Gonzalesposted Apr 23, 2010
- What did the World People's Summit accomplish, and what's next for climate justice?
The Climate's Second Chance
posted Apr 22, 2010
- Video: What is the World People's Conference on Climate Change?
The State of the Earth, 2010
by Rebecca Solnitposted Apr 22, 2010
- We're in a very bad way. But we also know the solution would make most of us richer—even if not in the ways we are presently accustomed to counting as wealth.
This is Our Home
posted Apr 22, 2010
- Slideshow: Robert Redford discusses the history and importance of Earth Day.
On the Path to Climate Neutrality
by Richard Conlinposted Apr 22, 2010
- Seattle hopes to become North America's first climate neutral city. City council president Richard Conlin asks: What exactly are we getting ourselves into?
From Crisis to Opportunity
by Velcrow Ripperposted Apr 21, 2010
- Will the World People's Summit be a turning point in the climate crisis?
Changing the Climate for Justice
by Joseph Huff-Hannonposted Apr 20, 2010
- At the World People's Conference on Climate Change, a new set of voices is being heard.
A Strategy for Change?
by Jim Shultzposted Apr 20, 2010
- The climate summit in Bolivia is based on the start of a strategy—to bring social movements inside discussions about combating climate change—but more careful planning is needed.