Joining together to avert catastrophe.
Fixing Planet Earth: A Not-So-Modest Proposal
by Michael N. Naglerposted Jun 03, 2010
- Only a nonviolent revolution, like the one led by Gandhi, can meet the challenge of the climate crisis.
UNC Chapel Hill Coal Free by 2020
by Kaitlin Baileyposted Jun 01, 2010
- Under pressure from students to meet climate targets, a university turns to clean power.
Reducing Carbon Emissions: Seattle Has Taken the Lead
by Richard Conlinposted May 27, 2010
- Looking back on 10 years of carbon reduction efforts in Seattle.
Climate Talks End With People’s Agreement
by Jim Shultzposted May 13, 2010
Debt vs. Localization: Climate Justice in the New Economy
by David Kortenposted May 12, 2010
- David Korten: Where does the concept of “climate debt” fit into a New Economy framework?
Cochabamba’s Message: Let the People Speak
by Janet Redmanposted Apr 29, 2010
- The World People's Summit broke new ground by allowing those most affected by a changing climate the chance to speak out about their ideas for just solutions.
Bill McKibben's Message to Cochabamba
posted Apr 28, 2010
- The author addresses the thousands who gathered in Cochabamba for the World People's Summit on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth.
Welcome to Eaarth
by Scott Gastposted Apr 27, 2010
- Bill McKibben’s latest book explores what it’ll take to live on a planet less sweet than it used to be. During a recent stop in Seattle, he described the smaller, slower, and wiser future that may be our best bet.
A Climate Summit for the Rest of Us
posted Apr 27, 2010
- Video: The Cochabamba climate summit was designed to respect the power and knowledge of world social movements and indigenous peoples.
Cochabamba Postscript: Lessons, Reflections, and the Road to Cancun
by Jason Negrón-Gonzalesposted Apr 26, 2010
- There are plenty of reasons to be excited about the alliance gathering around grassroots solutions.
Cochabamba's New Direction
by Jason Negrón-Gonzalesposted Apr 23, 2010
- What did the World People's Summit accomplish, and what's next for climate justice?
The Climate's Second Chance
posted Apr 22, 2010
- Video: What is the World People's Conference on Climate Change?
The State of the Earth, 2010
by Rebecca Solnitposted Apr 22, 2010
- We're in a very bad way. But we also know the solution would make most of us richer—even if not in the ways we are presently accustomed to counting as wealth.
This is Our Home
posted Apr 22, 2010
- Slideshow: Robert Redford discusses the history and importance of Earth Day.
On the Path to Climate Neutrality
by Richard Conlinposted Apr 22, 2010
- Seattle hopes to become North America's first climate neutral city. City council president Richard Conlin asks: What exactly are we getting ourselves into?