Aug 13, 2010
- Video: A twenty-year fight between a small Alaska town and one of the largest oil companies shows the resilience of communities.
Tab Benoit: Voice of the Wetlands
Aug 13, 2010
- Video: From up in the air, activist Tab Benoit bears witness to the coastal erosion and loss of wetlands in southern Louisiana.
8 Ways to Keep Your Cool Without Air Conditioning
by Stan CoxAug 12, 2010
- 8 tips to help you beat the summer heat.
3 Steps Toward a Politics of Global Warming
by Bill McKibbenAug 04, 2010
- Making nice doesn't work. It's time to try something else.
Why the Fight for the Gulf is Also in Borneo
by Jamie HennJul 29, 2010
- A proposed coal plant in Malaysia is provoking an international outcry.
Van Jones: Love Harder
by Van JonesJul 23, 2010
- Van Jones on how to put Americans back to work and pull America back together.
The BP Oil Spill: Time to Get Unreasonable
by Brooke JarvisJul 23, 2010
- Shrimper Diane Wilson might be going to jail for her high-profile protests against BP. Why is she so sure it’s worth it?
But What About Embedded Carbon?
by Richard ConlinJul 02, 2010
- Yes, you create emissions when you burn gasoline, but what about the carbon emissions from making the car?
Cherish The Planet, Don’t Cheat On It
Jun 18, 2010
- Think the idea of carbon offsets are a bit ridiculous? So do the creators of cheatneutral.com, a website that allows you to pay money to “offset” your infidelity.
Bonn Climate Talks: Beyond BP
by Jamie HennJun 17, 2010
- Even as we work to prevent future disasters and break the U.S. oil addiction, we must keep up pressure for a fair, ambitious climate treaty.
Where Do Our Carbon Emissions Come From, Anyway?
by Richard ConlinJun 15, 2010
- Seattle is working to become America's first climate neutral city. But first, it has to figure out where its carbon comes from.
Polls: Time for Action
by Madeline OstranderJun 11, 2010
- In the wake of the BP disaster in the Gulf, Americans are ready for clean energy.
Weaving A Great Turning: Transition Albany Takes It Step-by-Step
by Pamela O'Malley ChangJun 10, 2010
- A follow-up on the efforts to transform a 1.7-square-mile California town into a self-sufficient and resilient community.
What Are People Doing About the Gulf Disaster?
by Sarah van GelderJun 08, 2010
- In the last week, anger at the BP oil disaster has turned into action.
Fixing Planet Earth: A Not-So-Modest Proposal
by Michael N. NaglerJun 03, 2010
- Only a nonviolent revolution, like the one led by Gandhi, can meet the challenge of the climate crisis.